? servers

? players online

Pulling out secondaries

• Content Count:  1920

I don't see an issue with the current system we have at all. While common sense (regarding "split-second") isn't so common on Jailbreak, what you're addressing isn't a prominent issue or really an issue at all. What you're suggesting in the OP gives leeway for the Ts and will unnecessarily disadvantage the CTs further. This discussion can be paralleled with the Ts even having a primary/should we let them drop it without being KOS and end up with the same result. A "reasonable" time for whatever action is not going to be reasonably found without further disadvantaging the CT side.

As stated prior, what you're presenting isn't a problem and nothing needs to be changed about this. While everyone's 'split-second' may be different, most CTs are going to be reasonable with their line of KOS and not KOS.

• Content Count:  927

If you're spamming your pistol and knife bind quickly, I'm 99% sure you won't get killed because of it. I don't even think it shows the pistol coming out when you do that. I know there's the thing where if you pick up a gun it automatically goes into your hand, but that can easily be changed in the settings. Having a pistol doesn't mean you have to use it. Just take it out and quickly drop it or give it to your t-buddy. As scrolls stated earlier, there is a rule in place already for situations like these. It's not perfect, but giving a specific amount of time will never work. It'll just make being a CT harder and would easily get more CTs killed.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  5375

From what I remember taking out a pistol for about the time of the reload animation isn’t KOS, the only time a pistol is KOS is if someone shoots it or you have it out for like 2 or more seconds. I don’t think prisoners should be KOS for a secondary that really wouldn’t be fair. You could drop it to someone and then they would die. The CTs are insanely underpowered already but this will take it over the top and make it close to impossible to start a quick rebel. Like Urp said we’re pretty generous about the rules if you get a gun planted to you unless the ratio is 3:17. And, I do remember orders like drop the pistol in your cell and don’t pass it and/or pick it up. They’re pretty easy to give and follow if someone has a gun. This auto pick-up stuff isn’t really game-changing. I think this is definitely something the sweats care more about than the regulars.

Y'all literally just made this man an admin and he already spreading misinformation when the FAQ entry is posted on the same page.

smdh

• Like 2

• Content Count:  5375

I've held a secondary out for like a split second and have switched it back so many times without being killed, the only time I've been killed for it is for having it out for more than like a second or 2.

Speaking in absolutes from a staff position is dangerous when what you're saying isn't technically correct. The FAQ lists anything other than a split second as KOS. Saying "the only time a pistol is KOS is if someone shoots it or you have it out for two seconds" is incorrect and could lead to more confusion in the future since your anecdotal experience isn't the rules.

Anything more than immediately holstering the secondary is KOS technically according to the current guidelines since the animation takes a split second.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  417

What’s a split-second? If I see somebody repeatedly quick switching a usp, does that mean I can pop them?

I think the whole point of the split second is to allow for quick switching, but not to actually give Ts time to fire the pistol. While I love being a stickler for the rules, I think it is best to leave the amount of time up to the CT, so Ts don’t whine about how “the other CT let me hold it out for 1.5 secs, and you domed me after 1.4 secs”. I think its just best to leave it as it is, and to direct our attention to a better definition of delaying orders and camping.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1030

I think the whole point of the split second is to allow for quick switching, but not to actually give Ts time to fire the pistol. While I love being a stickler for the rules, I think it is best to leave the amount of time up to the CT, so Ts don’t whine about how “the other CT let me hold it out for 1.5 secs, and you domed me after 1.4 secs”. I think its just best to leave it as it is, and to direct our attention to a better definition of delaying orders and camping.

Honestly, after thinking about this for awhile, I think I agree with Remixed's point the most. I stand by my previous statement though, if you're a prisoner with a pistol, the only reason to draw a pistol is to use it. I think that it should be up to the CTs to decide when to kill someone who is pulling out a pistol. However, common sense should be a factor. If they're quick-switching it and you kill them for it yes they were pulling it out, but they were pulling out their knife as well. Although this may result in some people calling freekill, I think the best way to deal with this is simply to just let it be. CTs who kill too early will be caught eventually and warned, but overall if you don't want to die then don't pull it out it's as simple as that.

• Content Count:  113

I mean if a T throws nade for example flash he automatically switches to his secondary. So i think that this isn't kos or if a T keeps switching fast between knife and secondary isn't kos. So i think that current rules is good and it supposed to be like that.

• Content Count:  2342

On 5/13/2020 at 11:02 AM, idealist said:

Unnecessary and convoluted... Secondary and primary KOS rules are fine as is

If you don't want to die don't pick up and pull out a secondary weapon. Putting CTs at a disadvantage isn't the answer to every "problem" you new Ts have with the server.

^

Reply to Thread