? servers

? players online

Latest Additions to Subscriber & VIP Perks!

• Content Count:  74

Whilst its all good we have these, i'm a little confused.

I though the whole reason we got rid of the knife command in the first place was to avoid being blacklisted. And yet now were adding a lot more?

Have we stopped caring about that for some reason / was that just a lie to remove the command...

Most likely they stopped caring according to this post and its comments:https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/42wxsb/valve_blacklisting_csgo_community_servers_for/

Don’t panic - Keep in mind that this was posted in 2014 or 2015 and when a community server gets blacklisted, you can still connect to it through IP.

Edited by Waffle House
Extra “https://“ in URL.

• Content Count:  4441

Most likely they stopped caring according to this post and its comments:https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/42wxsb/valve_blacklisting_csgo_community_servers_for/

Don’t panic - Keep in mind that this was posted in 2014 or 2015 and when a community server gets blacklisted, you can still connect to it through IP.

Token bans still exist, and that is not how they work whatsoever lol. SG's stance on the Server Token bans/Weapon skins has been the way it is even since the Guidelines were announced, so it has nothing to do with that. Complete misinformation.

for cleaning up the V8, coffee, Red Bull, and soda I spilled on the servers 8) da fuck this is my joke, where is my thanks

Jokes aside just some actual questions.

It seems somewhat redundant to do this on all of the servers does it not? Last time I checked a big part of doing this was fleshing out quite a bit of money for new server tokens every 3-7 days when the servers get inevitably banned, and doing that for multiple servers looked even more expensive unless you were buying an insane amount in bulk. Did you guys not use that automated-plugin (not gonna advertise it), has Valve given up on enforcing whatsoever, sponsored by a website, or is it something new/custom by Liam? If it's true that the servers are going to go down once every couple of days have you guys thought about how that might disrupt the bigger servers mainly like ZE, TTT, JB who's population might suffer?

SG had a pretty stubborn, counter-productive stance on this months ago to the point where JB was literally bugged for well over a year out of fear of touching ANYTHING related to Custom skins/weapons/sprays/models etc.. even after I made multiple threads on the topic. I'm genuinely just wondering why the sudden 180 on the subject. At the time a few months back I was literally trying to reach out to other communities with the help of current BD's, AO's to see if Valve would consider changing their stance, remove token bans, or simply start enforcing their guidelines as this is what the guidelines and server list looked like- obviously to no avail.

Anyway, just some questions out of curiosity- not sure if this is something that sprouted out of new connections/opportunities with the whole GCC thing but this post was extremely surprising given the past SG has had on this topic.

• Like 1
Edited by All Ts

• Content Count:  8754

We have decided that for the good of the community that we will try doing some things differently in order to keep us in line with the rest of the community market in CSGO. Because of what we've tried doing in the past it has become necessary for us to push past our apprehensions and take some necessary risks to keep things current. Btw there were absolutely no lies when we decided against doing this in the past lol. With new ideas comes the want to step outside of the box, and that mantra applies here as well. We will be doing what we can to make you all happy and will make changes where it is deemed necessary to do so.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  3462

We have decided that for the good of the community that we will try doing some things differently in order to keep us in line with the rest of the community market in CSGO. Because of what we've tried doing in the past it has become necessary for us to push past our apprehensions and take some necessary risks to keep things current. Btw there were absolutely no lies when we decided against doing this in the past lol. With new ideas comes the want to step outside of the box, and that mantra applies here as well. We will be doing what we can to make you all happy and will make changes where it is deemed necessary to do so.

So basically renew the token every some odd months for the sake of the community getting the perks other servers are using. There's enough servers out there that probably get away with this on a daily basis, so we probably needed to step up our game as well.

Honestly, good for you guys in the end. It was a bit infuriating at the time to give the "!ws/!knife are not on our servers cuz valve is gay" speech when there were so many other communities doing the exact thing we walked away from.

• Like 1
Edited by Nuclear Onion

• Content Count:  4441

So basically renew the token every some odd months for the sake of the community getting the perks other servers are using. There's enough servers out there that probably get away with this on a daily basis, so we probably needed to step up our game as well.

Honestly, good for you guys in the end. It was a bit infuriating at the time to give the "!ws/!knife are not on our servers cuz valve is gay" speech when there were so many other communities doing the exact thing we walked away from.

It's not on a monthly basis, they don't get away with it- they just renew their server tokens by using websites that sell tokens and a plugin that restarts said servers when they're banned. Last time I looked into it servers get banned ABOUT every 3 days. Valve has an automated system that bans servers, that's why months back when Nimmy tried to fix our hand models Caution ended up getting banned with literally no rebuttal, the servers went down for quite awhile, and they were forced to switch the servers to another account.

It's not on a monthly basis, they don't get away with it- they just renew their server tokens by using websites that sell tokens and a plugin that restarts said servers when they're banned. Last time I looked into it servers get banned ABOUT every 3 days. Valve has an automated system that bans servers, that's why months back when Nimmy tried to fix our hand models Caution ended up getting banned with literally no rebuttal, the servers went down for quite awhile, and they were forced to switch the servers to another account.

Mostly correct. We're doing what we can do stay on par with other communities.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  913

Yeah, lies was probably the wrong word to use on my end tbh!

Just struck me as strange that after all the problems we had before with the knife command, that suddenly we launched into customising everything without a word to the contrary

Thanks for clearing it up though :d

Yeah, lies was probably the wrong word to use on my end tbh!

Just struck me as strange that after all the problems we had before with the knife command, that suddenly we launched into customising everything without a word to the contrary

Thanks for clearing it up though :d

Np. After a while it becomes too hard to be impassive, and as we're introducing new changes we feel like it's the perfect time to expand our changes into the gameplay side of things.

Reply to Thread