? servers

? players online

Chemotherapy

• Content Count:  1103

Update:

I finished my first week a chemo with no problems, it just seems the side effects are coming days later. I found out I could put in my contacts 48 hours after my chemo, might be able to hop on TS sometime. Except for some stomach aches I’m completely fine.

• Like 16

• Content Count:  1103

Update 2:

I feel terrible, I don’t think I’ll be fine for a while. When I finished my chemo, I felt fine... now, I don’t. I can’t explain what I’m going through physically and mentally... but now I know this ride is going to be bumpier than I originally thought. I might not post here for a while, it might be tomorrow, a week, a year idk... I might be sounding overdramatic, idk... I might still post on shout box every once in a while, that’s all I can say for certain...

• Like 11

• Content Count:  930

Update 2:

I feel terrible, I don’t think I’ll be fine for a while. When I finished my chemo, I felt fine... now, I don’t. I can’t explain what I’m going through physically and mentally... but now I know this ride is going to be bumpier than I originally thought. I might not post here for a while, it might be tomorrow, a week, a year idk... I might be sounding overdramatic, idk... I might still post on shout box every once in a while, that’s all I can say for certain...

Good luck brother i wish the best for you, i do not know you but all my prayers go out to you ! keep ya head up and do not give into the pain you have to be stronger. I hope for the best for you mate

• Like 1

• Content Count:  600

Thanks for staying updated when you can b. Like I've said know we are here when you need us. I hope you just caught a cold or something and that's why you feel like shit but we still hope you pull threw mate!

• Like 1

• Content Count:  295

Update 2:

hope you feel better man. Keep your head up and you’ll be good! :)

:pogslide:

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1438

Going through chemo is by no means easy, don't think that you're being overdramatic. Don't push yourself to get on if you don't feel well. Take time to rest and heal, thanks for at least updating us when you can. Best of luck to you, make sure you take care of yourself.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  2959

Update 2:

Same thing happened to a family member; Because it kills cells when they divide you feel the brunt of the results later rather than immediately. If they haven't told you of it already there's a strong possibility you might feel "chemo brain" as well.

Random tips you may have already gotten:

Zofran can backfire and make you feel really nauseated if you have too much

Marinol is legal in no-marijuana states but isn't nearly as consistent or effective as real medical marijuana, it can be a bad experience or ineffective for a lot of people.

Take the pain meds on schedule even if you aren't in pain, it's easier to control pain than stop it.

Benefiber. It helps with either problem and just keeps things a lot more comfortable.

Some sacrificial bedding makes dealing with the 48hr toxic-sweat effect a lot easier. Cheap machine washable $30 sleeping bag like the Snugpak Jungle Bag works great.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread