? servers

? players online

What Defines A Good Prison Break Map?

• Content Count:  1078

I've got alot of free time on my hands this upcoming Saturday and Sunday, so im thinking im gonna sit down and finish a map i started. But first, so i dont waste my time on a useless map that people spam hate messages over, i want some public feed... What defines a good prison break map? I ask this because whenever i log onto a prison break server everyones having a spaz attack over wanting to go to the map electric.. Honestly, has anyone actually observed electric? Its horrible in my opinion, theres no original designs to it, no uberly secret tunnels, i mean hell, the lay out doesnt even make sense. And to make it worse people hate the maps that make you walk around and use stealth/strategy to win the match. Honestly, the most basic map maker could of made electric in way less then an hour(Which is pretty darn sad considering it takes you an hour to understand the basics of Source SDK..) Its pretty sad when the hardest thing a map creator has to do is create a button trigger for a jail cell. It takes the fun out of the game when the Ts can rush every single round and win, thats not the point of Jail Break. But, Hey, i mean, if thats what this server wants then i wanna know that before i go wasting hours upon hours building a detailed and well layed-out map.

Edited by Desum

• Content Count:  4473

Make it simple, but not too simple. Electric is a great map, but it isn't fun forever. Try not to make one as open as that map, but not as closed as the alcatraz map or the other one where the cells can get glitched. A variety of ways to escape would be nice, but nothing outrageous or too confusing.

• Content Count:  1078

Yes, electric was a fun map at first but the constant rush tactics got boring, and with only 2 alternative routes to the gun room that can be guarded with ease the map sucked pretty fast.

But i get what your saying, Electrics too open but Alcatraz is way too closed.

• Content Count:  437

The way I see it, I'm gonna make a nice looking thought-out prison break map. It will take me a lot of time to optimize, and get things looking right. and the first day It sees the light of a public server, the first thing people are gonna do is votemap and start bitching.

and ya know what I'm gonna say?

Fuck 'em!

I'm satisfied with the map and that's all that matters to me. if people are gonna pick apart the map immediately and whine about how it sucks worse than anything that has ever sucked, then that's no longer my concern.

Sure I think this sounds pretty stuck up and self-centered, but I've had to deal with this shit enough, and I don't take it personally anymore.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.