? servers

? players online

XD help meeee

• Content Count:  4

alright XD so heres whats up

I'm starting to get low fps on maps, many maps like deathrun and so on, i used to get relativly good FPS...but i cant figer out whats making it slow down.

I've tried changing the screen resolution, it solves it a little but not much, same with messing around with the graphics, even though it says i should have high detail, i'm using low/medium but still nothing.

can anyone gimme a hand here XD i'm getting annoyed with this low FPS that i die on zombie and deathrun -_-

• Content Count:  4960

Are you running on a laptop? Maybe your batery usage is set to saving and not at preformance? I got a fps cfg for you if your not.

Also did you clean your PC insides yet? maybe all the dust is screwing up your PC.

• Content Count:  6084

alright XD so heres whats up

I'm starting to get low fps on maps, many maps like deathrun and so on, i used to get relativly good FPS...but i cant figer out whats making it slow down.

I've tried changing the screen resolution, it solves it a little but not much, same with messing around with the graphics, even though it says i should have high detail, i'm using low/medium but still nothing.

can anyone gimme a hand here XD i'm getting annoyed with this low FPS that i die on zombie and deathrun -_-

T.M.P.

If you haven't changed any hardware as of late you could probably chalk up the causes to worms and fragmented files.

Personally I just wipe my whole system clean, but I know how to reinstall necessary drivers and configure hard drives, so you're best off right now just investing in some AV and defragging.

• Content Count:  19

Most FPS problems are related to CPU usage since the Steam Engine sucks the CPU like a vampire as opposed to most other games. Like Pot said, check for viruses/spyware/adware. You might want to turn off programs loading at startup also as this can have a decent effect on memory and cpu usage. If all else fails, you'd probably do yourself good if you backed up files and did a format/clean install of windows. Its quick and ez and solve a multitude of problems, while offering a bit of a performance boost since everything is clean.

Reply to Thread