PDA

View Full Version : [Rejected] jb_centerperks request

ElitistCailan
12-12-2018, 07:15 PM
Map SuggestionFull map name
jb_centerperks_v1 Type of map
Jailbreak Link to map download
https://www.mediafire.com/file/2g5otonkvmhf18w/jb_centerperks_v1.rar/file Additional Information
Constructive criticism pls. The map is open for rebellers to take over. However, CT's are at full control of the roof, meaning if they were to loose it, then T's have probably won. There are 13+ unique minigames, including a lockdown mode as well. If a skilled T were to take over armoury and the roof, they have about 85% of control of the map. It would probably take another skilled player to take him down. Oh yeah, did I mention the lockdown mode yet? Yeah, you can find out what it does yourself. (Updated BSP file. Fixed bugs. Added disco. Added warday. Expanded map north. NOTE: THUMBNAIL OUTDATED) Screenshots attached
Yes

Roxas
12-13-2018, 05:35 PM
I would like to see this map on JB, it would be interesting to see pro ts try to rebel when cts have higher ground. Lol voting yes

Wawa
12-14-2018, 10:53 PM
Hey ElitistCailan,

The map needs more polishing before we can even test it on the server.

Here's a list of things I've found that should be addressed, in order of priority:

1) Lots of black/missing textures. Mostly on buttons, such as the 'open cell doors' button.
2) Lockdown mode has obnoxious sirens and music, no offense. Players on our server will find this very annoying.
3) One of the cells has a vent that's only purpose is for players to fall to their death. Players on our server will definitely complain about that.
4) The vent that leads to armory has a mag-7 that spawns whenever someone passes through it. So instead of the vent having one mag-7, it's basically it's own mag-7 armory for prisoners.
5) Surf has no way for prisoners to get back to the main area unless they beat surf.
6) There's too much music in the map overall.
7) The activities in the map, overall, are pretty amateurish, like the drop game that only has like 2 things you have to dodge to win, and the bhop that's very short and doesn't even teleport you back to start when you stand on the platforms you bhop to.

Thank you for your work, hope to see more material from you soon!

ElitistCailan
12-15-2018, 03:46 PM
Thank you so much for giving constructive criticism. I want to ask 'bout the 1st problem with the black textures. Is the BSP file around 100MBs? If it is, I believe the black textures may have to do with your installation. I'd also like for you to elaborate on how I can improve my minigames :). Thank you in advanced. Oh yeah, I kept the kill vent as a troll, similar to jb_obama's.

ElitistCailan
12-15-2018, 04:48 PM
I have made the Bhop more difficult. I also removed the lockdown music as you requested. I fixed the vent of "Mag-7 Armory". I added a teleport to go back for surf. I kep Dropdown the same, as I intended to make it a quick minigame most people can complete in a fast period of time, and I fixed the missing black textures. Again, thank you for your criticism, you benefited my submission for this community, and others alike. I will upload the map once I'm done the compile and pakrat. Edit: Link updated

Wawa
12-15-2018, 10:38 PM
It's been a busy day/night for me, I'll look at your updated map tomorrow afternoon. I'll let you know what I find, thanks again for your work.

Enderspine
12-16-2018, 01:41 AM
https://imgur.com/xPmp9z8.png

long upload? I think something is borked here... ElitistCailan

ElitistCailan
12-16-2018, 04:13 PM
The upload has finished...

Wawa
12-16-2018, 04:50 PM
The upload has finished...

The link says the upload is not available.

ElitistCailan
12-16-2018, 07:20 PM
Fixed link.

Wawa
12-19-2018, 11:40 AM
Fixed link.

Link still not working.

ElitistCailan
12-19-2018, 01:46 PM
The link works. I just checked it. Try it now.

Wawa
12-21-2018, 12:07 AM
Thank you for addressing the issues I stated, I feel the map is now ready for testing on our server.
Grateful WavY Military_king Takuto When testing this map, please make it clear to the rest of the server that constructive criticism is appreciated if someone doesn't like the map. Some players tends to dismiss new maps without voicing specifically why they don't like it.

I Eat Dog
12-24-2018, 12:13 PM
Tried out the map, it would probably play well but not get voted for during the in-game voting process.

Takuto
12-25-2018, 09:24 AM
times tested 2

1. feels very compact outside of the jail with all the death games
2. surf boost is very clunky
3. climb should have solid blocks rather then removing blocks
4. games are very short and simple
5. infinity zues secret can potentially lag up the server
6. the colors death game is really nice i like it a lot

will update this list if i test this map again and find anymore problems/things that i like about the map

ElitistCailan
12-26-2018, 04:38 PM
Zeus only works after every around 10 seconds, so server crashing shouldn't be possible. Surf boost intended to decrease the difficulty of getting to next ramp. Climb was given removing blocks due to complaints from other servers. Games are given an easy difficulty to allow players to play more games in the map, and allows the warden to try new games. Colors is Poggers??

ElitistCailan
01-12-2019, 01:40 AM
times tested 2

1. feels very compact outside of the jail with all the death games
2. surf boost is very clunky
3. climb should have solid blocks rather then removing blocks
4. games are very short and simple
5. infinity zues secret can potentially lag up the server
6. the colors death game is really nice i like it a lot

will update this list if i test this map again and find anymore problems/things that i like about the map
Takuto Have fixed all problems. Map has been revamped, expanded, and fixed in regard to the comments. Zeus secret has a 10 second interval. Climb’s removing blocks bring up the skill ceiling; it has been given more blocks to make it less clunky. Surf boost has been pushed back to increase ease in that section. Warday, Disco, and a Courtyard has been added to give more choices, and ways to rebel.

Wawa
01-13-2019, 12:42 AM
Our server does not allow wardays, so the warday addition is problematic, not to mention the warday arena is huge and I couldn't even find an exit point.

Disco is also extremely problematic, the songs play over each other if multiple are selected and there's no stop button available.

Also, the map is now almost 500mb in file size. There is absolutely no reason why it should be this big, please work on bringing it down to less than ~150mb.

ElitistCailan
01-13-2019, 12:49 AM
Warday does not have exits in the servers I play. Will fix disco. Don’t have a reasoning behind the large file size tho.

Manny
02-05-2019, 07:37 PM
ElitistCailan

Are you still working on this? I tried to give it a go using the link in the post, but it just comes up with an error.

Dominic
02-24-2019, 03:51 PM
Just going to mark this as rejected.