? servers

? players online

Vista Nub here

• Content Count:  1386

I am very new to vista, and i hate it to be honest. But I have downloaded steam and installed HL2 and CSS onto a vista computer. Every time i start either one up it goes through the opening scene and ten closes and gives me a Valve engine error. I have ran HL2 through "Can You Run IT" and it said that I passed both min and recommended, so I know the lappy can handle it. does anyonehave any suggestions?

• Content Count:  91

If it was XP originally and you still have the Windows disc or a backup then you can just reinstall Windows XP over it. It will, of course, wipe everything off the computer.

i have vista and i love it. the best computer i ever had.

• Content Count:  2433

If it was XP originally and you still have the Windows disc or a backup then you can just reinstall Windows XP over it. It will, of course, wipe everything off the computer.

But if it was built on Vista? Could I move all my files onto my external hard drive and then somehow switch it?

• Content Count:  3440

Depends on if the XP drivers needed for your hardware are available. On laptops that can be a bit iffy.. but on desktops you can almost always install XP.

• Content Count:  1615

I am very new to vista, and i hate it to be honest. But I have downloaded steam and installed HL2 and CSS onto a vista computer. Every time i start either one up it goes through the opening scene and ten closes and gives me a Valve engine error. I have ran HL2 through "Can You Run IT" and it said that I passed both min and recommended, so I know the lappy can handle it. does anyonehave any suggestions?

specs?

Reply to Thread