? servers

? players online

Special Orders via Text Chat

• Content Count:  4441

I believe we should make a rule that Special Orders written via Text Chat is not allowed or simply remove Special Orders entirely until we get a system that allows CTs to better communicate their orders without being talked over/not seen in chat. In the past week I've seen this occur to multiple people on the server- including myself. I believe adding this as a small rule would stunt the chaos a bit at least from our regulars side of things. For obvious reasons it consistently causes problems when the Prisoner(s) or other Guards doesn't read chat (even on mic sometimes) and nearly every time I've seen this done someone ends up getting mad due to being freekilled or by not seeing the order getting spammed out of chat.

We already have CTs who spitefully use text chat to kill Ts when they actually have a microphone so the prospect that 1 T (possibly more) and all the CTs are going to see an order in chat I see as unreasonable. Whether or not I can (as an admin) claim that Special Orders via Text Chat are considered unreasonable is up for debate but I would rather have a concrete ruling on it rather than something controversial.

tldr; All of the Ts/CTs cant read text chat due to 28+ people typing and I'd like for special orders in text chat to be against the rules to avoid people getting confused, not following orders, or being freekilled due to CTs thinking they're rebelling.

EDIT: Also for anyone wondering "Whats the difference between regular chat orders and this", the difference is that 1 T running off towards Soccer looks as if he's rebelling rather than seeing a whole herd of Ts running off to follow orders.

• Like 1
Edited by All Ts

• Content Count:  1406

I agree with the fact that special orders should go away. It makes it harder (at least for admins) to figure out who is going where. Would be simpler to restrict it, then find a way to make it work. Plus, im tired of beind told to go to iso :

• Like 1

• Content Count:  391

Remove special orders entirely. Most of the time a ct would give a special order such as a freeday to "compensate" for freekilling somebody instead of slaying. Or a ct will use special orders to give their friends a freeday. It gives un needed conflict and cancer.

In my opinion, special orders should only be allowed for medic and iso. Or a t won a voluntary deathgame and a freeday was the prize.

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Content Count:  418

I'm with the idea of no special orders through chat. I can think of a couple times where I downed a T for obeying a chat special order. I do try to pay attention to chat but especially in the first 45 seconds, a special order through chat can be easily overlooked. I don't really enjoy the idea of removing special orders entirely, since they can be fun among regulars, but I also understand how badly special orders can be abused or ruin someones experience.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  605

I like special orders, and think they add a fun twist to JB, but it really is hard to get them across via text chat. Most good CTs will make clear any special orders and repeat them, and usually all is well. If I am a T, and a CT gives me freeday next round, I usually won't run for it until the initial rebellers get started, that way I don't get mixed in and killed randomly.

So maybe just add "Any player-specific special orders must be given over mic", could work better. That way text ones don't get missed and people start screaming freekill left and right over special orders.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1057

Yes, get rid of special orders in text. But also the only special orders that should be permitted is sending terrorists to isolation to punish them or sending a person to medic to heal. I find freedays for individuals stupid and it ends up causing major confusion either getting the prisoner "freekilled" OR them rebelling and killing multiple CT's.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  484

Imo (which prob doesn't matter to most people) special orders should only be given on mic cause if someone types it most CT's dont even look at chat so that T might get freekilled. Also, special orders like "NanoHawk go to soccer" and then the rest of the T's stay at pool are honestly really dumb and shouldn't be allowed as it can cause confusion (like bubblez said) and can get that person freekilled or freeshot.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  5377

I've talked with @Nimmy about this a bit, we still haven't come to a conclusion, thus everything in this post is just my opinion.

While I can understand why special orders via chat may be confusing for people on the server (especially at or near full capacity) I don't see the difference in noticeability between "ALL T'S GO TO ISO" and "YOUR NAME HERE GO TO ISO" in chat. Both teams should be reading chat in regards to orders under the current rules. As long as we allow users to play CT without a mic there will always be chat orders that are harder to catch than over the mic orders. Why restrict what a ct can do based off of whether or not he has a mic when we allow users to play ct without one? might as well remove the ability to give chat orders at all if this gets made into a rule.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.