? servers

? players online

New rule

• Content Count:  26

So i have been playing JB for about possibly a couple months or half a year (can't remember for how long) and during that time I have been free killed a shit ton of times either from a troll or some player that is new to JB. I have been thinking that there should be a new rule on JB, when u spawn into the server a page pops on the side, I suggest that on the first page there should be a rule saying if you are new to the server please join t side and read the rules.

For example.

#(whatever number as long as it is on the first page). IF YOU ARE NEW.

• Please join t side
  • Please read the rules for this server
  • Also observe the cts on how they "operate"

If you agree with this argument you may use what i have typed or if you have an other way of wording it that is fine. Also the reason i used double quotes on operate is because some cts are not what you expect. If you don't agree with this argument that is also fine i was just suggesting this rule and believe that it can reduce the number of free killers you guys get on the server.

• Content Count:  4441

If we're going to do that we might as well add a plugin that does it for us instead, which is something I think over the course of the next year we should very well consider.

We haven't done something like that because restricting people from playing CT straight off kinda puts a choke hold on the server population in it's early hours and can have quite devastating effects on the servers success. If our server population is doing fantastic some time in the future with an extremely plentiful group of regulars I'd actually think a 10-60 minute wait period before playing CT would be a positive change for us to make, but with a sporadic population it can be a unnecessary risk that ends up hurting us.

We are becoming a bit more open minded towards the idea of CT oriented plugins mostly due to slot size changes, experimentation and such but something like this as a rule creates way too much micro-management for our staff to handle as they already have to handle mundane things like all chat, admin chat, steam chat, moving players, slaying players, investigating situations etc..

Overall as a plugin it's a decent idea that we should mull over but as far as staffing goes (as a regular I'm sure you understand) we aren't in the position where adding something like this would make anyone's time any easier than it is currently.

Good post anyway, definitely brings up a great point.

• Like 1

You don't have to make it a rule I was just suggesting it to possibly help a player that is new to read this rule and avoid problems, reason why I am suggesting is because I got free killer today by a new player and I feel bad that I don't want to report him cause he is new.

• Content Count:  150

As Dominic said, if they are there to just freekill and not care they will just ignore the rules that are already shoved in your face as soon as you spawn. Personally I've always felt that there should be a CT Whitelist or some restriction for new players to the server from joining CT to prevent all this, but as All T's has said it has to do with how populated the server is most of the time. Most people don't like to play CT, I'm one of them, but if I had to I certainly would just to get the game going. The only issue I have as of right now is the constant mic spam, CT's talking over one another and then when the T's get involved it's just ear rape cancer.

Now the trick there is to not feel bad and report him anyway.

Now the thing is I can't report anyone on the forums because I have a shitty pc which can't for some reason upload a demo which is actual proof of an incident so there would be no point in me attempting to report someone.

• Content Count:  4441

Now the trick there is to not feel bad and report him anyway.

Now the thing is I can't report anyone on the forums because I have a shitty pc which can't for some reason upload a demo which is actual proof of an incident so there would be no point in me attempting to report someone.

Jonathan is right in a lot of cases however I don't suggest doing this unless it's some new player mass freekilling or being oblivious to how the server works past attempts at explanation. Past that, I find reporting to be really ineffective in comparison to calling an admin onto the server in the fact that the situation gets dealt with by protocol, it gets dealt with faster, and in many situations an admin can resolve the situation by simply speaking with no admin powers. In most situations I find people that report new players obnoxious in the fact that they're almost always never ever attempting to explain the rules to the player and in many situations instigating the situation by rushing the person, harassing them, or simply encouraging whatever behavior whether it be racism or freekilling.

Basically what I'm saying is use reporting someone as a last resort and don't do it if the person is committing extremely minor offenses due to being new or having a lack of understanding- always look to call an admin and explain the rules yourself before jumping the gun. The reason why I never posted that many Player Complaints before I received admin was that they're highly ineffective as compared to just asking our admins for help through Shoutbox or Steam chats.

Feel free to add me here if you need an admin, I haven't been as active lately but I still hop on every now and then for calls.

• Like 1
Edited by All Ts
grammar :-)

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.