? servers

? players online

Vent Rule discussion

• Content Count:  150

So I was playing CT on Spy vs Spy, I had ran outside and used the Zeus.. now there's another that can spawn in the vents under cells leading to armory. Am I allowed to kill a T if I tell them to drop the gun and see that it is theirs or who evers and kill them for being in vents. I was told no by a bunch of raging kids on T side but I'm pretty sure I would have been justified because it clearly proved that he was in vents. They told me "you have to see them go into the vents". Which to me sounds pretty fucking stupid since that isn't a rule and if it was, then by that logic people who used vents or teleporters to go to soccer are not KoS because you did not see it happen. I'm just confused, and need some clarity on the subject because it doesn't state in the rules that I have to witness a T go into the vents to kill them.

I used the only Zeus on the map that is there all the time

I saw a T with another Zeus which meant he or someone else went into the vent

Had them drop it, saw who's it was and wanted to shoot them (but restrained), then got raged at by a bunch of angry children.

Kill me

• Content Count:  150

But he was in the vent.. Which made him KoS. All evidence pointed to him going into the vent to get the Zeus. By that logic, anyone who uses a teleporter or vent to go to soccer isn't KoS then. So I guess there's been a lot of freekilling lately.

Edit: After reading the FAQ https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=71076 and the Rules https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=70859&highlight=Jailbreak+Rules there's nothing saying I have to actually witness them go or be in the vent. Which means, if they obtained a weapon via traveling through a vent and coming back, and I tell them to drop it knowing where the weapon exactly came from. I can technically kill whoever owns that weapon for being in a vent. Now, I'm not trying to argue this and look like a kill whore because I rarely play CT to begin with, but given the fact that I have to use every advantage to dwindle the T's population before a horde of them rebel I think I would have been justified if I had killed him.

I think the rules should be updated with this however if this is how the rest of the admins feel, or changed and the whole gun nametag rule be removed. The rules kind of conflict when they are KoS for entering a vent and you can't kill them because you made them drop the gun and read the guns nametag which makes them untouchable because you know who went to go get it.

Edited by Snootch

• Content Count:  261

Unfortunately it is really situational. You really just have to see them enter the vent to be KOS like @Zaraki said above. It gets really confusing trying to figure out who took the zues and you might end up killing the wrong person. It's best to just let them have the zues and try to rebel with it. @Snootch

• Content Count:  305

I don't think there are any rules regarding against this, but to do so much work for a kill is a tad ridiculous and rather bothersome when you're trying to play to have some fun.

• Content Count:  2001

Nope, you cannot do that what-so-ever. Using gun name tag's is a rule we added recently as Luke's post points that out. The rule was added as it started to become very unfair for Ts with weapon name tags being killed even when they took advantage of a situation, if it wasn't a rule there would really be no incentive to be the first person to rebel or try and get the gun.

Reply to Thread