? servers

? players online

30 Minute CT rule

• Content Count:  94

Having a 30 Minute CT rule, would make freekillers have to actually play the server, making most of them just leave from boredom. SteamGamers is targeted with Freekillers, and this would be one way to stop it, for countless times, It makes sense to have a 30 minute ct rule, people who want to be Ct just have to play the game as a T. This rule could make T'S that are new to Steamgamers aware of the rules, (for their punishment, they would die by CT.) I believe the people who want to play Steamgamers would stay, and the freekillers would leave from boredom.

PS: I know Countless people have talked about it, and none have accomplished their goal, but SG JB needs this to be a better server.

Im also bad at explaining...

Edited by Cyclopsgames
{PS}

• Content Count:  2001

PS: I know Countless people have talked about it, and none have accomplished their goal, but SG JB needs this to be a better server.

Im also bad at explaining...

I'm sorry if this comes off as harsh, but then why are you making yet another thread when you know how it will turn out. There is no way to enforce this effectively. If people are free killing just call an admin in the server, I know for a fact there is usually always someone willing to come into the server to deal with rule breakers.

We have talked about this a lot in the past and we have decided it would not be best for the server and for the most part it isn't needed. Feel free to use the search function to read past threads.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  4441

A 30 minute rule could hurt the player during it's start-up when the kiddos are getting home from school.

I understand your point though, the server has been pretty badly understaffed as of late.

• Content Count:  115

*cough* maybe *cough* add in plugins and cut this "vanilla-jailbreak" bullcrap *COUGH* *COUGH*

*cough* i mean u wouldnt / couldn't play TTT without a role assignment plugin, you wouldn't / couldn't play ze without a zombie plugin. so why play jailbreak without the LITTERAL MAINDATED PLUGINS TO MAKE THE GAME FUNCTION LIKE ACTUAL JAILBREAK*cough*

sorry, i have a cold. i spew out "bullshit" when in sick.

• Content Count:  171

*cough* maybe *cough* add in plugins and cut this "vanilla-jailbreak" bullcrap *COUGH* *COUGH*

*cough* i mean u wouldnt / couldn't play TTT without a role assignment plugin, you wouldn't / couldn't play ze without a zombie plugin. so why play jailbreak without the LITTERAL MAINDATED PLUGINS TO MAKE THE GAME FUNCTION LIKE ACTUAL JAILBREAK*cough*

Without the TTT role assignment, you couldn't have Ts. Without the ze plugin, you couldn't have zombies. JB plugins however, are not required due to them only adding cool things here and there. You can play JB without the glitter, sure glitter might be cool to have; but is completely unnecessary.

It makes SG jailbreak stand out. And its clearly going well for us. We try to add plugins that might help, first one that comes to mind is the LR plugin, but they just aren't wanted by the community. Now back to the main topic, as it's been said in this thread and numerous others; JB will not be having this added. And I for one hope that stays true for a long while.

• Like 1
Edited by Esoteric

• Content Count:  4441

Big difference. TTT & Role Assignment are required- without it the server wouldn't have any players.

Prison Break & a CT system do not go hand in hand. Our server maintains a 28/28 player population everyday with the current state of the server and ironically the reason for adding this isn't that the server needs to stay vanilla, it's to prevent the server population from declining.

Comparing any of those to Prison Break is a massive over exaggeration.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3462

Because playing JB has literally nothing to do with plugins like TTT and ZE do? The game functions perfectly fine without gamemode plugins for the server, plus there really are no plugins that for the game that are "literally mandated to make the game function like actual jailbreak."

• Like 3

• Content Count:  2668

What happens if you have a server full of players with 0 playtime such as late at night?

Adding this would also "force" regs to play CT which they may not want. When I an on JB, I typically have a hard enough time getting enough CTs and most of them are players with 0 playtime.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  115

Without the TTT role assignment, you couldn't have Ts. Without the ze plugin, you couldn't have zombies. JB plugins however, are not required due to them only adding cool things here and there. You can play JB without the glitter, sure glitter might be cool to have; but is completely unnecessary.

It makes SG jailbreak stand out. And its clearly going well for us. We try to add plugins that might help, first one that comes to mind is the LR plugin, but they just aren't wanted by the community. Now back to the main topic, as it's been said in this thread and numerous others; JB will not be having this added. And I for one hope that stays true for a long while.

Big difference. TTT & Role Assignment are required- without it the server wouldn't have any players.

Prison Break & a CT system do not go hand in hand. Our server maintains a 28/28 player population everyday with the current state of the server and ironically the reason for adding this isn't that the server needs to stay vanilla, it's to prevent the server population from declining.

Comparing any of those to Prison Break is a massive over exaggeration.

Because playing JB has literally nothing to do with plugins like TTT and ZE do? The game functions perfectly fine without gamemode plugins for the server, plus there really are no plugins that for the game that are "literally mandated to make the game function like actual jailbreak."

im in the process rn of explaining my "madness", expect it in the next couple of days.

be aware that its gonna be long as hell, and be aware...

i actually know what im talking about.

• Content Count:  539

There's a few reasons to why I think it could be bad for the server:

There's a lot of people that join and want to play CT that DO know the rules, but they aren't going to be able to because they don't have the playtime on the server. This will probably cause them to leave the server and just not play. How many hours are you thinking someone should have a minimum of if this rule were to be made?

During peak hours, when a lot of the newer players join the server, this could possibly mess up ratio pretty bad. For example, if only about 5-7 regs are on, and the rest of the players don't have the amount of hours to join CT yet, then all the regs would be forced to play CT AND you could be stuck on a map where T's keep rebelling and winning, but no one will be able to switch to CT to help them out.

Also, if it's late at night, or just not many regs are on at all, then there will be no one able to play CT and it will not even be a compatible game. Everyone will be on T unless someone that has the hours to play on CT joins the game.

There is also this thread where Goku puts it pretty well.

If people are joining and they intend to freekill, I encourage anyone to make a player complaint or call an admin in to the server; and if it's just someone that doesn't have a complete grasp on the rules and want to learn, try to help them out and show them !rules.

Meh. I posted this on 04-02-2017 on this thread and I still feel the same way about it, and this will always be my response to this type of thread for JB. Bottom line is this: I feel that this would hurt the server more than benefit it.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.