? servers

? players online

Slaying yourself/gunplanting then leaving

• Content Count:  2103

So lord knows I don't play JB much (I often refer to it as PB still) but on my last occasion I ran into something I didn't really know how to handle, and now with the recent rule clarification, would really have absolutely no idea how to deal with, especially as someone who doesn't frequent the server.

There was a player whose name I honestly don't remember but is apparently a regular, who said he had to leave. So he ran up to where the Ts were ordered to be, stood maybe like 10 in game feet away from it, slayed himself so he would drop his weapon, and DCed. I would consider that basically gun planting myself, but if I'm wrong about that then I guess this entire thread has no basis. And yes, I know a while back there was a thread about making a plugin to prevent this that I shot down fast (even though it's not my call to make).

Honestly I still don't think making a plugin to stop this would be that worth it, but I was told that that player in particular does the same thing often, and one of the other regulars whose name I do remember even told me that they do it too. Obviously I didn't punish anyone for it and was going to just let it slide. But if I decided that if I want to start playing JB more, and I can expect to see this kind of thing, I should know how to handle it.

So my question is, is this actually against the rules, and if so, what kind of action should I take?

@Jake @Delirium @Caution

And sorry if it seems like I'm trying to be difficult about this kind of thing, but I'm just trying to make sure I'm able to change the way I handle thing correctly

• Content Count:  11501

if it's an extremely obvious case of mass, intentional griefing, I doubt any of us will care too much.

If it's even slightly debatable about it being intentional and massive, then SA's and CA's should be posting increase requests and describing the situation. Completely alleviates them of any liability and still gets the ban accomplished.

I get that I can't ban them after dcing, but I was asking if this is against the rules or not to do that, as apparently some of our regulars do it on a regular basis. Although even if it was I guess I couldn't do anything about it.

Edit: I guess what I'm asking is if I see someone doing this, SHOULD I bother trying to make a complaint and get them banned or what? Could I ban them after them doing it so many times? Try to record it to get proof? Or will you guys take my word for it? I guess maybe I could have handled this in a pm or something but I'm on my phone and making a post was just easier

Edited by Octa

• Content Count:  4441

Admins enforce rules.

Rules are made to keep servers fun.

Players follow rules to keep servers fun.

If players are making servers not fun they are punished.

If it's noticeably hurting people's time on the servers, not just some one off bullshit then something should be done to stop it. As a prison break regular I'm genuninely confused who you're talking about so I'm gonna assume it's either not a big deal, or this is something that's come up very recently.

Admins enforce rules.

Rules are made to keep servers fun.

Players follow rules to keep servers fun.

If players are making servers not fun they are punished.

If it's noticeably hurting people's time on the servers, not just some one off bullshit then something should be done to stop it. As a prison break regular I'm genuninely confused who you're talking about so I'm gonna assume it's either not a big deal, or this is something that's come up very recently.

Honestly you may be right, it may be less common then I was lead to believe. But I saw it, and then was told it was done often. Although maybe it isn't a big deal. Hence why I questioned what I should do if I ran into it again. So apparently, it's not a big enough deal for me to act upon it

• Content Count:  32

I do not see this that often but when i do its hard to deal with the ts that he/she (gunplanted) so i think there should be a punishment if it is really obvious.

• Content Count:  4441

I do not see this that often but when i do its hard to deal with the ts that he/she (gunplanted) so i think there should be a punishment if it is really obvious.

cd45960a5c0a217b04a2401f75f95e6c.png

• Like 1

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.