? servers

? players online

Really need some help here.

• Content Count:  1278

Right now I'm on my laptop, not my desktop. And I got the following message when I booted my computer this morning.

userinit.exe - unable to locate component

This applicaion has failed to start because ole32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

I must've been infected with a virus or something, but I'm looking through other forums off of google trying to come up with a solution.

Any ideas or support would be helpful.

• Content Count:  6242

In my research, the dll is a windows component. Sometimes used by Mircosoft Programs. if you have word/excel programs like that, try to re-install them. That specific dll ties multiple programs together like putting a spreadsheet from excel into a word document.

• Content Count:  1278

In my research, the dll is a windows component. Sometimes used by Mircosoft Programs. if you have word/excel programs like that, try to re-install them. That specific dll ties multiple programs together like putting a spreadsheet from excel into a word document.

Do you mean re-install by cd's because my whole screen is blank except for the desktop background when I boot up. Not even the start key is there nor any icons.

Reply to Thread