? servers

? players online

Jailbreak Forced Deathgames

• Content Count:  452

I know some do not want to bring forced deathgames back to jb, however there are some that do. One day this upcoming week I'd like to hop on the ts and have a round table-ish type discussion to see what type of rule we can all create together. If April 8, 2017 around 2pm EST is good, let me know. I believe @Jake has said forced deathgames won't come back for a year or two, but if we can blend up a fair and effective rule I think we can get him on board to test it!

• Like 1
Edited by Gumline
grammar

• Content Count:  2001

There isn't a good way to find a comprise for death games. We have tried a few different things and they never worked out, a majority of our community does not want death games so they will not come back until a majority wants them back again.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  452

There isn't a good way to find a comprise for death games. We have tried a few different things and they never worked out, a majority of our community does not want death games so they will not come back until a majority wants them back again.

Well I hope we find a good enough way to change your mind.

• Content Count:  171

"we" will include you and the people who are arguing with you against it. There are a very few amount of people who wish for forced deathgames to come back. If you would like I can list out the Pros and Cons of forced deathgames. Real quick though, the only people forced deathgames are fun for are the CT's, and seeing as there is a 1:2 ratio of CT's:T's it will make a majority unhappy. I'm not saying all t's hate deathgames and all ct's enjoy them, however that is normally the case.

• Content Count:  614

Forced death games just don't work with our servers that well, however I do see a lot more T's volunteering for optional death games, and this is where I think the rule around death games is going to stay. Most people do not enjoy the forced death games and I do not believe that they will change their minds. This has already been tested and I think we should leave it as it is.

• Content Count:  4441

• Content Count:  171

• Content Count:  131

The only way I can see this happening for our server is if we only allow map made deathgames to be forced (No simon says or FRLR unless it's on the map). Which I'd be in favor of but I don't see it happening.

Yea, I'm in favor of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Content Count:  1401

The only way I can see this happening for our server is if we only allow map made deathgames to be forced (No simon says or FRLR unless it's on the map). Which I'd be in favor of but I don't see it happening.

This was tried as well with the huge revamp attempt with Goku, which me all know went badly

CTs can only force map-made deathgames. Map-made deathgames are defined as games that are built into the map, and harm/kill the T on its own (such as jump rope or death cube).
Source here

Now I'm not against all this, but it was tried before and obviously the players didn't like it then. What changed in these past 4 months that makes you all think it would work now?

Pretty much what @Jake and @All Ts said: we have tried it several ways, each time it got stopped by the players. We just don't have enough players that actually want and support it enough.

• Like 3

Reply to Thread