? servers

? players online

AFK Freeze

• Content Count:  477

Every single round its the same order. All t's take one step out face the back and afk freeze. They say its to gun check but saying faceback and freeze is basically afk freeze and you can easily check for guns. I think it should be removed as it serves no purpose.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1403

My understanding is that if the CTs are forcing you to the point where the AFK manager is moving your teammates to spectator then it would be considered unreasonable. If this continuously occurs, call in an admin, explain the situation, and let them handle it.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2230

I didn't post anything in my last post as I've posted it before and the general direction was that it wasn't going it be changed which in the end is fair enough and the decision of the guys running the server. However I think my post was taken as sarcasm, so I'll state my opinion.

AFK Freeze in my opinion is almost entirely useless. It has one main use with the odd thing that people come up with, this one use is as you stated a 'gun check'. As you also stated a gun check can be done just as easily without the requirement for this order by telling t's to freeze and face a certain way such as the back of their cells. This has always worked since I've joined here and for good reason. This one use that is easily done in other ways (and many will do in the other way anyways as it's been like that for a while) really does not outweigh that there are potential issues with it in terms of its reasonableness.

Same as what I think I said before, it's not a huge issue but I do think that it's a shame that it's there. To me it serves's no decent purpose and we'd be better off without it.

This was discussed in a previous thread however and in the end there was a decision against the topic brought up.

• Like 2
Edited by Luke

• Content Count:  477

I didn't post anything in my last post as I've posted it before and the general direction was that it wasn't going it be changed which in the end is fair enough and the decision of the guys running the server. However I think my post was taken as sarcasm, so I'll state my opinion.

AFK Freeze in my opinion is almost entirely useless. It has one main use with the odd thing that people come up with, this one use is as you stated a 'gun check'. As you also stated a gun check can be done just as easily without the requirement for this order by telling t's to freeze and face a certain way such as the back of their cells. This has always worked since I've joined here and for good reason. This one use that is easily done in other ways (and many will do in the other way anyways as it's been like that for a while) really does not outweigh that there are potential issues with it in terms of its reasonableness.

Same as what I think I said before, it's not a huge issue but I do think that it's a shame that it's there. To me it serves's no decent purpose and we'd be better off without it.

This was discussed in a previous thread however and in the end there was a decision against the topic brought up.

I agree before when i played and afk wasnt aloud the rounds went faster and played out the same.

• Content Count:  660

I agree that nowdays afk freeze is primarily because CTs like to get free damage out and they will simply shoot you for the dumbest stuff.

But that being said AFK freeze does serve a purpose, it makes the gun checking take normally 10 seconds max. Sadly i've seen it last for over 30 seconds.

Now obviously people being moved to spectator because of it is just overreacting.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.