? servers

? players online

Throwing Nades

• Content Count:  422

I've played JB for a good few months now on this account, but I'm not 100% on everything. When you throw a nade at a ct, miss on purpose as a joke and it doesn't damage them, or just throwing a nade near the CT near them without it damaging them, is it considered attempt to kill? I have never been killed for this, killed someone for this, or seen someone be killed for this until just recently. It a grey area to me and I just wanted to know.

P.S. I see why it can be considered attempt to kill, like shooting a gun at someone and missing purposely is kinda the same concept so I could understand it, but it just seems really stupid to me.

• Content Count:  2001

I would consider it as an attempt to kill. Now the nade has to land somewhat near the CT in order for it to be KOS. I don't want people getting killed for throwing a nade where there are no CTs even near them.

• Content Count:  1612

I don't know about you, but if someone hurls a hand grenade in my direction, I assume they want to hurt/kill me and take them down.

Jailbreakers can be a bit dense sometimes, if you want to toss it "as a joke", keep in mind that other CTs are going to follow the rules as law, and possibly kill you for it, even if its a dick thing to do.

Sent from Tapatalk

• Like 2

• Content Count:  4441

I don't want this to come off or sound condescending, but the rule is pretty much straight forward and was added because of that specific situation in mind as well as knifing a CT purposefully.

This is straight from the rules page here.

CT's are allowed to kill a T for throwing a grenade at them if there was obviously an attempt to harm or kill the CT. The same applies for when a T is chasing a CT and knifing at him.

Basically, even if you're joking/claim to be joking if it lands reasonably close they can you kill for attempt to kill.

I haven't seen this happen nor ever plan to see this happen so I'm kinda confused about this but whatever. :larry:

• Content Count:  1619

I would consider it as an attempt to kill. Now the nade has to land somewhat near the CT in order for it to be KOS. I don't want people getting killed for throwing a nade where there are no CTs even near them.

Say that louder for the CTs please. I've thrown grenades the exact opposite of where a CT is standing and they'll kill me.

• Content Count:  1057

In Real Life if you were in Prison, would you throw a nade for "fun" ??? haha

I wouldn't do it as a terrorist in front of any CTs just so you avoid this problematic situation all together.

As a CT, kill them if its close to you but let them slide if its clearly for "fun." BUT, don't expect that logic from all the players, lots of NOOBS on CT :)

• Content Count:  422

They interpreted attempt to kill = throwing a nade

My concern is, CTs don't know the difference between attempt to kill or just throwing a nade anywhere. This kinda makes it seem like throwing nades anywhere in general is KOS.

• Content Count:  1612

My concern is, CTs don't know the difference between attempt to kill or just throwing a nade anywhere. This kinda makes it seem like throwing nades anywhere in general is KOS.

If it's obvious that a T is tossing a nade away, as in tossing it into their cell, they shouldn't be killed for it at all. If they are killed for it, it's a freekill. I could see a warning shot being given if someone called an AFK freeze, but it's in a confined area, impossible to inflict damage unless a CT is in that cell.

Jailbreak is an immensely freeformed gamemode with a near infinite amount of situations. Players NEED to use common sense, on top of the server rules, to come to a decision on how to act.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.