? servers

? players online

"Intent to harm"

• Content Count:  1920

Can someone explain to me why this rule was added as I just find as an annoyance, and it's really a pointless rule. Like before I knew this rule was even in place (I didn't check the most recent rules update for JB when it came out), I just threw a nade to get rid of it and it was somewhat near a CT, but I did not do any damage to him/her and I just get sprayed down. I just find this rule really stupid.

• Content Count:  4441

Don't know if you read the thread @Goku made but I think it's summed up nicely.

To your point though. Don't throw your nades unless you're rebelling or a CT asks you to throw them. If you're going to throw them throw them onto yourself or next to yourself, that way a CT can't run into it or otherwise say you had intentions of killing them with it.

• Content Count:  678

The best place to "get rid" of nades, is pretty obvious to me. Corners, in the cells, on your teammates. Recently, I've started dropping them at my feet if I don't want them

Sent on Mobile

• Content Count:  2187

I don't see it as pointless. It gives CTs a better chance to stop rebellious activities while, in some cases, keeping track of the Ts. It wouldn't feel right if somebody was purposely attempting to knife you and you couldn't kill them because there was no type of clarification on it.

As for your nade situation, just watch out and be wary on where you're throwing it. It was your fault for not being alert of where your nade was going to land.

• Content Count:  678

@Frostbitten @Enderspine I just think it's really dumb that a CT can kill for "intent" but without damage. For me it's kinda like innocent until proven guilty. Like, you can swing and miss all you want but until you actually injure a CT, you should be innocent.

Its for the RP side of PB. If a prisoner rushes a guard and swings a shiv, the guard is gonna Falcon-Punch the prisoner in the dick. If a prisoner uses an explosive device in an attempt to attack a guard, they gonna get domed. And for the innocent until proven guilty, you're in jail already. You're already guilty XD.

• Content Count:  2589

If you throw a grenade in the area of a CT, expect to get shot. And rightfully so. Even in your "innocent to proven guilty" argument, if you threw a nade anywhere near a police officer (or in general really) you're going to get shot. Same with knifing. You're welcome to knife the air, but if you attempt to knife a police officer the judge is literally going to throw a book at you if you argue "but I didn't actually harm him".

Role play aside, what reason do you have to throw a nade near a CT other than to harm him? Even if you didn't actually mean to, you just need to pay better attention to your surroundings and where you're throwing. Same goes for knifing, if you're chasing a CT and clearly in his face trying to knife him, there's no reason you shouldn't get shot.

Read the thread I made that All Ts linked to and if you still have any questions feel free to ask, but the rule isn't being changed.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2262

I just threw a nade to get rid of it and it was somewhat near a CT, but I did not do any damage to him/her and I just get sprayed down. I just find this rule really stupid.

Steps to safely get rid of a nade:

Step 1: Take out your nade.

Step 2: Look down to your feet

Step 3: "Get rid of it"/ Throw it between your feet.

I do not want to sounds like a douche, but please don't say you want to get rid of the nade and it exploded somewhere near a CT.

• Content Count:  2238

Steps to safely get rid of a nade:

Step 1: Take out your nade.

Step 2: Look down to your feet

Step 3: "Get rid of it"/ Throw it between your feet.

I do not want to sounds like a douche, but please don't say you want to get rid of the nade and it exploded somewhere near a CT.

i wanted to get rid of my grenade and it just randomly exploded near a CT. Please advise.

Reply to Thread