? servers

? players online

Questions about map specific KOS zones and random questions

• Content Count:  678

There are several maps with ladders that lead to highly KOS areas of the map. On Razor, we have a ladder to catwalk that leads directly to armory. On Renegade, a ladder goes to a patio, which pushing a button, opens armory. I will be taking some screen shots from different maps and uploading them here to allow for discussion to be had about the Warning Shot ability of each individual ladder. I will also be posting spots where stairs are, also to discuss KOS/Warning Shot rules.

First upon the list is the well played jb_vipinthemix, with three questionable areas. The first two are similar to each other, those being the stairways to main armory catwalk.

jb_lego_jail: The blocks that lead to armory. They aren't a catwalk, or stairs to a catwalk, but might as well be. I suggest they become an automatic warning shot zone to be on top of them.

cb9ae0c072.png

This map features rooms that can be accessed by shooting a button. Now if a T draws and shoots said button, wouldn't that make them KOS? Are all of these areas "CT only" because you need a gun to open it? Here's a prime example:

2abc0cab9d.png

Disco has the same idea going on:

ddebf950a1.png

The Simon Says pit has acted like the Big Cage for this map many times. It has this lip that is indented all the way around, allowing Ts to claim they are in pit. Do Ts need to have their head in the pit, or are just the feet fine, and what about the ramps?

30caa6b2e5.png

Lastly, I was able to boost in soccer to the platform symmetrical to Tic-Tac-Toe. Is this an exploit? The mapper obviously never intended anyone to get here, but it has textures on top.

abd67ca35f.png

jb_razor: main cell/big cage has this ladder here:

3fc4d1417f.png

Also, is this box considered a CT only area? The only ways to this area, is the door with a button only on the inside, a CT only catwalk, a secret wall, and a secret teleport. So basically, if you are in this area, you took a KOS route, meaning to exist in here is punishable by death.

Also, if the area inside the walls is KOS, then is the ramp there KOS too?

f750d6619d.png

jb_clouds: Only one KOS/WS (warning shot) grey area, and that is the area around CT tower after portal. Where do you warning shot here? Is any of these KOS?

b6545daf6d.png

jb_renegade: This ladder seems like it would be a warning shot area, because it leads to a catwalk, and is 4 seconds away from armory.

7a2893ae84.png

These blocks lead to another catwalk right into armory, a nearly same situation with the aforementioned ladder.

4872296d05.png

More questions will be added later as I go through them all!!!

Edited by Enderspine

• Content Count:  346

I honestly dont think that the boxes on lego jail and renegade should be kos/warning shot cuz it doesnt lead to armoury, but ct's can always restrict it. Also with the area where you need to shoot to get in shouldn't be kos cause a ct could open it or a t could open it and a different t can go in there. On razer i beleive the ladder near big cage is kos. Same thing with the ladder on renegade. On clouds i normally say dont be on ct tower then go threw a different portal and kill them if there still there for blatant disobey if it isnt a freeday if it is warning shot them. I dont think the ladder on clouds to ct tower is kos/warning shot. Im pretty sure the area with the ramp to catwalk on razer is kos because i beleive it's a ct area, but the ramp is kos cuz its a giant catwalk that leads to armoury. I'm not really sure about the scenario with the pit and disco. Someone like @Wawa or @Goku might awnser this better

With all these scenarios u could always restrict them, or specify where to be like with the pit on lego say " Dont be on the ramp or edges."

• Content Count:  422

First upon the list is the well played jb_vipinthemix, with three questionable areas. The first two are similar to each other, those being the stairways to main armory catwalk.

No image, but any of those stairs leading to armory are KOS.

jb_lego_jail: The blocks that lead to armory. They aren't a catwalk, or stairs to a catwalk, but might as well be. I suggest they become an automatic warning shot zone to be on top of them.

In my opinion, these should not be KOS/Warning shot since they do not necessarily lead DIRECTLY to armoury.

This map features rooms that can be accessed by shooting a button. Now if a T draws and shoots said button, wouldn't that make them KOS? Are all of these areas "CT only" because you need a gun to open it? Here's a prime example:

If a T draws a secondary at any time he is considered KOS. Jumping through the window is not considered rebelling. You may only shoot him if he's in the speaker since it's a secret.

The Simon Says pit has acted like the Big Cage for this map many times. It has this lip that is indented all the way around, allowing Ts to claim they are in the pit. Do Ts need to have their head in the pit, or are just the feet fine, and what about the ramps?

In my opinion, that should not count as being in big cage. T's need to stop being smart alecs and ruining the fun and just get in the god damn cage.

Lastly, I was able to boost in soccer to the platform symmetrical to Tic-Tac-Toe. Is this an exploit? The mapper obviously never intended anyone to get here, but it has textures on top.

I don't think is KOS, it doesn't lead to a gun. The T can't really get any physical advantage here or have a way of killing the CTs.

Imo, this should be KOS, however this one is more of an opinion and the AO's will give a better viewpoint.

Also, is this box considered a CT only area? The only ways to this area, is the door with a button only on the inside, a CT only catwalk, a secret wall, and a secret teleport. So basically, if you are in this area, you took a KOS route, meaning to exist in here is punishable by death. Also, if the area inside the walls is KOS, then is the ramp there KOS too?

Everything in this box is KOS, the ramps the vent, being in the box.

Only one KOS/WS (warning shot) grey area, and that is the area around CT tower after portal. Where do you warning shot here? Is any of these KOS?

I have never played with this being KOS, but things change. Again, AO's will give a better standpoint.

jb_renegade: This ladder seems like it would be a warning shot area, because it leads to a catwalk, and is 4 seconds away from armory.

Same thing as razor, this should be KOS, and I've always played with this KOS.

These blocks lead to another catwalk right into armory, a nearly same situation with the aforementioned ladder.
These on the other hand should be KOS, since it's an extremely easy acces to armoury.

@Wawa @Goku

• Content Count:  890

@Enderspine You can get into that box on Razor by going on the diving board which is not KOS unless someone says ''Be in Shallow End'' or ''No Diving Boards'' so that is why it is not KOS. Also if you go to my thread about the BoomBoxes on Lego Goku said that it is not KOS... You can warning shot if the order is ''Be on Dance Floor'' Cause you are not on Dance Floor if you are boosting up.

• Content Count:  422

@Enderspine You can get into that box on Razor by going on the diving board which is not KOS unless someone says ''Be in Shallow End'' or ''No Diving Boards'' so that is why it is not KOS. Also if you go to my thread about the BoomBoxes on Lego Goku said that it is not KOS... You can warning shot if the order is ''Be on Dance Floor'' Cause you are not on Dance Floor if you are boosting up.

If they diving board up to the top, that is KOS.

Halo, show me a video of you jumping off the diving board and landing inside the box, without touching the KOS catwalk that I mentioned.

• Like 2

I don't think is KOS, it doesn't lead to a gun. The T can't really get any physical advantage here or have a way of killing the CTs.

@Wawa @Goku

This was more of a breaking the map sort of thing. I was wondering if the boost counts as an exploit.

• Content Count:  2262

Blocks is not kos due to the path was not connected but a mean to go to armory. I can enter the armory by jumping off the platform top of soccer door.

Well, they did shoot a pistol. Unless they drop their pistol right away, but i think it will be kos if they were shooting it. As far as i remember you can jump in there.

How is that kos area if they can go in without using pistol or secret

The Simon Says pit has acted like the Big Cage for this map many times. It has this lip that is indented all the way around, allowing Ts to claim they are in pit. Do Ts need to have their head in the pit, or are just the feet fine, and what about the ramps?

Personally i will say it's not completely in so it's a warning shot

It's not kos

In my opnion, i don't think it should be kos. warning shot is enough

Also, is this box considered a CT only area? The only ways to this area, is the door with a button only on the inside, a CT only catwalk, a secret wall, and a secret teleport. So basically, if you are in this area, you took a KOS route, meaning to exist in here is punishable by death.

Technically it's connected to armory, i would say it's kos

jb_clouds: Only one KOS/WS (warning shot) grey area, and that is the area around CT tower after portal. Where do you warning shot here? Is any of these KOS?

any of the blocks shouldn't be kos

Warning shot for the ladder

These blocks lead to another catwalk right into armory, a nearly same situation with the aforementioned ladder

Blocks are not "warning-shotable"

these are the solution of what i think it's alright

• Content Count:  2230

Both are KOS.

Not KOS, up to Goku and Wawa with your suggestion to them being warning shot areas, however I personally disagree.

I would personally say it's KOS as you have to shoot, unsure though, that would need clarification.

Not KOS.

From what's happened in game:

-The edge is a warning shot

-The ramp is fine unless the CT's say not to be on it

As for my opinion, I agree with both of the above ^

I don't know this part well enough to give an accurate answer, but I'd say it's not KOS personally.

main cell/big cage has this ladder here:

I would warning shot them off that ladder. The catwalk is of course KOS, on maps like VIP the stairs are also KOS, I can't remember if the ladder counts as the same, would have to have clarifications from the AO's.

meaning to exist in here is punishable by death.

I agree

The area, I'd say no? Another T may have gone through the wall and opened it, then an obeying T could go through, into the other area and still be in the 'pool area', I'm not sure. I think the catwalk is, once again would need clarification on that.

Nothing there is KOS from what I remember.

I also think it should be a warning shot, however I'm not sure. I feel like this has been clarified before (ladders that lead to a catwalk that is), however I guess we should just clarify within this thread whether they're KOS, warning shot or nothing.

Same as prior. The difference between these blocks and the ones on lego is that they touch the catwalk, I'd personally class them the same as the ladders.

I put in bold the parts that I'm (almost) certain of, however I feel this thread should be more of a discussion on certain parts.

Edited by Luke

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.