? servers

? players online

Jumping while ordered to Crouch Walk or Shift Walk

• Content Count:  1920

Morning to all,

Yesterday there was a debate on whether not jumping while being ordered to crouch or shift walk to somewhere is implied. Throughout the many hours I have played on Jail Break, I have been told that not jumping while crouching was implied, but you were allowed to jump while shift walking unless instructed not to.

I may even be wrong, but I just wanted some clarification.

• Content Count:  2262

In my opinion, jumping during crouch or shift walking doesn't post any threat to me, which is why i always allowed them to do it.

However, when the debate of jumping during crouch/shift walk occur, i always said to them: "It's crouch walk/shift walk, not jump crouch/shift walk".

This goes back to the problem of people in Jail break LOVES to get in the loop holes of "you never said we can't jump/cell hop/pantherstep/jumpstep" etc etc

• Content Count:  2589

I honestly see no reason why it would be implied. If you order them to run to pool, you don't shoot them for jumping, so why would you shoot them for jumping if they were told to walk or crouch there? I'm not sure off the top of my head if we've made a previous stance on this saying otherwise tho, not to mention I have a very strong vendetta against being told to shift or crouch walk somewhere.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  2983

You only shoot people for jumping if you explicitly said no jumping as a CT, even if it's crouching, walking, and running. Same thing goes for a lot of things like deathgames (shooting them for going back, even though you have to explicitly say it).

• Content Count:  4441

I think it depends per. warden and if you weren't planning on rebelling or pissing off the CT's in order to get shot you should just crouch/shift.

Jailbreak and TTT are my favorite servers cause it's all about mind games and how you decide to play. If a CT lets the Prisoners jump when told to crouch/shift it can end very badly in my opinion.

• Content Count:  954

I'm going to take you guys back to the past.

3 years back to the past, as a matter of fact.

http://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=51424

http://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=51526

Unless the rules of PB have changed in the 3 years since, this is still implied. Doesn't keep me from doing it to CTs that don't know, though.

• Content Count:  2262

I'm going to take you guys back to the past.

3 years back to the past, as a matter of fact.

http://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=51424

http://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=51526

Unless the rules of PB have changed in the 3 years since, this is still implied. Doesn't keep me from doing it to CTs that don't know, though.

wellllllll goku is in charge of PB right now, so it's up to @Goku and @Wawa to decide but i always told the T that it is implied.

We going need another thread clarified and sticky in the pb section

• Content Count:  3740

wellllllll goku is in charge of PB right now, so it's up to @Goku and @Wawa to decide but i always told the T that it is implied.

We going need another thread clarified and sticky in the pb section

u fuckin wot m8?

No jumping if the order is to crouch walk / walk really shouldn't be implied in the current state of JB; players would probably bitch up a storm if it was. My stance a while ago was that it should be implied, but I've eased off that stance. If CTs don't want prisoners to jump, they should specify that in their orders, simple as that. Otherwise, jumping doesn't really pose any threat to the CTs unless there is detouring (bhopping off the path) or delaying (jumping in place) involved.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.