? players online

Dropping a pistol and picking it back up

• Content Count:  5674

Situation I encountered:

CT: Drop the pistol

-The T drops the pistol and picks it back up-

-The CT shoots the T-

T: Freeshot! Freeshot!

Once a T drops the pistol as they were ordered to, are they allowed to pick it back up? Or does the CT have to say "Don't pick it back up."

I see this happen way too many times and the CTs are always confused on how to act.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3287

From my experience it's retarded to have the T think it was a freekill/shot.

You're a guard. You tell a PRISONER to drop a weapon, they do. Then immediately pick it back up.

Imo this blatant rebelling and I'd shoot the prisoner as well.

But this is my opinion, people could disagree :p

• Like 2
Edited by Elemental

• Content Count:  1468

From my experience it's retarted to have the T think it was a freekill/shot.

You're a guard. You tell a PRISONER to drop a weapon, they do. Then immediately pick it back up.

:papydates:

But I agree with what Elemental said.

• Content Count:  1420

This has nothing to do with opinions, this is a rule discussion.

First off, every T is going to find some loophole in every order. You have to say exactly what you want the T to do and not assume the T will logically think, the T will follow your order, but that's it.

That being said since no one said don't pick the gun back up, he cant be shot. This isn't implied so you have to say it. Or you could be smart and tell the T to drop it somewhere away from the rest of the group and himself. (Say the Ts are in big cage, you ask the T to drop it on the top of big cage.)

This is from a rule standpoint and not my opinion on what should happen. This isn't my opinion on this subject, this is just what the rules imply.

• Content Count:  2579

From my experience it's retarded to have the T think it was a freekill/shot.

Even though I think you're right, I've seen accidents happening like;

A T is asked to drop his pistol, it slides on the floor and another T picks it up, dies.

A T drops it on his teammate, killed because "I asked you to drop the pistol!"

Pistol bounces back or is dropped not far enough.

I'd only use a warning shot since I feel like I don't have myself the complete control over the physics of the game.

• Content Count:  2589

This has nothing to do with opinions, this is a rule discussion.

First off, every T is going to find some loophole in every order. You have to say exactly what you want the T to do and not assume the T will logically think, the T will follow your order, but that's it.

That being said since no one said don't pick the gun back up, he cant be shot. This isn't implied so you have to say it. Or you could be smart and tell the T to drop it somewhere away from the rest of the group and himself. (Say the Ts are in big cage, you ask the T to drop it on the top of big cage.)

This is from a rule standpoint and not my opinion on what should happen. This isn't my opinion on this subject, this is just what the rules imply.

Opinions do weigh in when it comes to rule discussions. That's why it's called discussion, not facts. People are more than welcome to state their opinion on the rule, but that doesn't make it fact. That's why this section exists. If it's an open and shut case such as "can CTs give war days" then that's one thing, but if someone actually has a legitimate counter point to make then so be it.

Loopholes such as going under the stair case when the order is "go to the bottom of the stairs" is one thing. Being told to drop a gun, and picking it right back up is a completely different situation.

I'm sorry but this is complete bullshit. "No one said don't pick it back up". Yeah, well if the order is one step out and face the back, no one said keep facing the back so I guess they're free to look wherever. The rules don't have to be a 1,000 word essay describing every single possibility out of the millions of ways someone could find to manipulate them. Another example is "take one step out". That's all you have to say. All these "jump steps, cell hops, Panther steps (Jesus Christ that one joke I made a year ago got out of hand)" or any other shit is covered under "take one step".

If a CT tell a T to drop a gun, and they drop and pick it back up, they are going to and should be shot for doing so. People complaining about that really need to stop. PB players the past year or so since I've been back have gotten really bad about screaming freekill or freeshot every time they get shot. If you try to get smart with the orders given, and get busted, don't be upset when you got shot. If you don't want to be shot or killed, then follow the orders given. Getting shot while trying to be smart with the orders given, is just a risk you have to take.

• Like 5

Opinions do weigh in when it comes to rule discussions. That's why it's called discussion, not facts. People are more than welcome to state their opinion on the rule, but that doesn't make it fact. That's why this section exists. If it's an open and shut case such as "can CTs give war days" then that's one thing, but if someone actually has a legitimate counter point to make then so be it.

Loopholes such as going under the stair case when the order is "go to the bottom of the stairs" is one thing. Being told to drop a gun, and picking it right back up is a completely different situation.

I'm sorry but this is complete bullshit. "No one said don't pick it back up". Yeah, well if the order is one step out and face the back, no one said keep facing the back so I guess they're free to look wherever. The rules don't have to be a 1,000 word essay describing every single possibility out of the millions of ways someone could find to manipulate them. Another example is "take one step out". That's all you have to say. All these "jump steps, cell hops, Panther steps (Jesus Christ that one joke I made a year ago got out of hand)" or any other shit is covered under "take one step".

If a CT tell a T to drop a gun, and they drop and pick it back up, they are going to and should be shot for doing so. People complaining about that really need to stop. PB players the past year or so since I've been back have gotten really bad about screaming freekill or freeshot every time they get shot. If you try to get smart with the orders given, and get busted, don't be upset when you got shot. If you don't want to be shot or killed, then follow the orders given. Getting shot while trying to be smart with the orders given, is just a risk you have to take.

Different things are implied with different orders. The jump step and cell hop is implied with one step out face the back and freeze, no detouring or delaying is implied with Go to soccer or go to pool. This is different with pistols, it has always been something everyone wouldn't kill for, this has never been implied and no one ever says it's implied. If the T drops the gun after you say drop the gun he is following your order perfectly. If someone says take one step out face the back but then after one second dosent face the back he isnt following the order perfectly, the CT never said to stop facing the back did he?

If you don't want the T to pick the gun back up then just tell him, is it really that hard to say a few extra words so everything is clear cut?

The only reason im saying all of this is becuase everything in Pb has to be clear cut for everyone so they dont scream freekill and then spout some technical bullshit that dosent matter. If everyone was chill and used logic in the server this wouldnt be a problem.

• Content Count:  1802

Isn't it general rule that ts are not supposed to have guns? So picking it up is already off limits even if not stated by CT's. (You don't need to have "no armory" rule every round because it is automaticly off limits)

Isn't it general rule that ts are not supposed to have guns? So picking it up is already off limits even if not stated by CT's. (You don't need to have "no armory" rule every round because it is automaticly off limits)

Secondary weapons have different rules. You can read them on the JB rule thread.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.