? servers

? players online

warning shots with an awp

• Content Count:  179

So lately while i have been playing jailbreak, i have been experiencing players warning shooting with an awp. They say the rule is that a warning shot can be between 1-99 damage. I believe this rule is very unfair for ts, when they make a small mistake and suddenly have 90 damage taken from them. its clearly a dick move, and i belive it is working around the rules, to get easy kills. Hopefully somebody agrees with me, and a rule will be put in place to fix this problem.

Quick Edit: I have also been noticing that many times they go to warning shoot with an awp, but accidentally kill the person

Edited by SkinnyDips

• Content Count:  1056

It technically isn't working around the rules considering it is 1-99 dmg. Yes, it is a dick move. Is there really anything we could do about it? Well we technically have a rule for that which you stated. YES, it will help kill hungry cts get more kills to go up in ranks. Nothing really we could do about it, They will always find more ways to get more easy kills anyway and we don't want a large rule list for the newer players of the community.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3462

If you end up being warning shot twice wouldn't you just be deserving of a kill anyways? I mean this would not apply to every situation ever but really is it that hard to not get warning shot twice? Establishing a new rule for this really is not needed for it's really silly to make a rule for specifically not using the AWP for warning shots, we might as well make it so you have to make it a certain damage for a warning shot or make it so you have to have a specific amount of warning shots before getting killed. It's just way too technical, even if people are being assholes about it. Yes it is a dick move, but in the end they have to abide by the damage, and if they fuck up and shoot them in the chest because they were cocky then they should slay themselves.

If someone is constantly freekilling by 'accident' when warning shooting with an AWP (this mind you requires them to do 100 damage), get an admin on the server or record it and make a complaint via forums here.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  1621

Well this is mostly why warning shots never work anyway because all ct's give someone a warning shot at once and they die. It's much easier to just warn verbally in my opinion, but I understand with the growing prices of microphones nowadays people can't afford them. Yes it is a dick move. Yes people are very strict nowadays, it's what happens when you give young children power. In all honesty since most people on jb can't aim like me, just make your foot unavailable to be shot so they "accidentally" free kill you. It works every time. As a T you have all the power, don't let the ct's tell you other wise.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  6465

Well this is mostly why warning shots never work anyway because all ct's give someone a warning shot at once and they die. It's much easier to just warn verbally in my opinion, but I understand with the growing prices of microphones nowadays people can't afford them. Yes it is a dick move. Yes people are very strict nowadays, it's what happens when you give young children power. In all honesty since most people on jb can't aim like me, just make your foot unavailable to be shot so they "accidentally" free kill you. It works every time. As a T you have all the power, don't let the ct's tell you other wise.

Fight the power, you are the rebellion.

• Content Count:  1420

We were balancing ratios wrong all this time? Shit.

• Content Count:  2579

I'll never understand Jb's rules.

Warning shots with an AWP SHOULD NOW be allowed. Like Phonicz stated, not everyone has enough aim to properly hit the legs. Even so, that just makes the chance of persons getting freekilled even higher. I mean, I'm no AO or anything, but I'd add a rule for it since it falls in the "you can but it's a dick move" zone of the rules. I've been killed by AWPers many times, yet some might consider this as "crossfire". I think everyone has a pistol and should use it for this, not a fucking sniper.

BUT, AWPs are indeed very useful against rebellers, when used properly (meaning that NOT 3/5 CTs have a sniper). I don't want them gone, but warning shots with them seems inacceptable for me, imo ofc.

• Content Count:  742

Warning shots with an AWP SHOULD NOW be allowed. Like Phonicz stated, not everyone has enough aim to properly hit the legs. Even so, that just makes the chance of persons getting freekilled even higher. I mean, I'm no AO or anything, but I'd add a rule for it since it falls in the "you can but it's a dick move" zone of the rules. I've been killed by AWPers many times, yet some might consider this as "crossfire". I think everyone has a pistol and should use it for this, not a fucking sniper.

BUT, AWPs are indeed very useful against rebellers, when used properly (meaning that NOT 3/5 CTs have a sniper). I don't want them gone, but warning shots with them seems inacceptable for me, imo ofc.

If you deal more than 99 damage, its a freekill, regardless of the weapon used. If they can aim well enough with an AWP to warning shot, they can do so, otherwise its freekilling. If there's nobody else rebelling within the line of sight with an awp, its not a crossfire... I mean they have a SCOPE for a reason on that gun. If it was an actual crossfire from an AK or an M4, chances are you'd have a 3-5 round burst to the chest and be dead already anyways so this makes no difference. Your point is simply based on the fact that they can't aim; its like the idiots who pretend to he unable to aim or really can't aim and always hit HS instead of warning shots. If they can't do it right, its a freekill and if they keep doing it, record it and report it on the forums.

• Content Count:  2579

If you deal more than 99 damage, its a freekill, regardless of the weapon used. If they can aim well enough with an AWP to warning shot, they can do so, otherwise its freekilling. If there's nobody else rebelling within the line of sight with an awp, its not a crossfire... I mean they have a SCOPE for a reason on that gun. If it was an actual crossfire from an AK or an M4, chances are you'd have a 3-5 round burst to the chest and be dead already anyways so this makes no difference. Your point is simply based on the fact that they can't aim; its like the idiots who pretend to he unable to aim or really can't aim and always hit HS instead of warning shots. If they can't do it right, its a freekill and if they keep doing it, record it and report it on the forums.

You're basically implying that making complaints about freekillers abusing their bad aim or "bad aim" is better than directly fixing the source of trouble by adding a specific rule. I understand your point Hobos, but I feel like we shouldn't be using complaints as a crutch that much. Whatever you guys decide to do, I'l understand but I'm just stating my opinion,

• Content Count:  5674

If they can't aim and they end up freekilling, that's bad for them, you can report them (that is if they don't slay themselves realizing what they've done.). The CTs are the ones taking the risk warning shotting with an awp. Personally I would NEVER warning shot with an AWP because I don't know if they're low HP from another warning shot or something else that might damage them. Like @MyHobos said, unless someone else rebelling is in the same general area of you and the CT ends up killing both of you then it isn't crossfire.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.