? servers

? players online

magic is confused on pardons

• Content Count:  160

yoyoyo so i was in the server, and a t got pardoned, and i didnt hear it, (mic spam prob cant recall 100%), and he comes out of like pool or something and drops his guns, and i pop him. then like half the server calls me a free killer, and half say i could do it because he killed a ct and everybody knows that if u kill a ct u r liable to be murdered.

What are the guidlines for pardons????????????????????

they arent like directly defined anywhere which obvi brings up conflict

some said (some as in in the server at the time) that every single ct had to pardon you for it to count, some said one, some said they are irrelevant and are just words. pls tell me which is right so i know who to pop and who not to pop.

if i could make a suggestion it would be to add to like the 100th page of rules or how many pages there are: "rule 500- Pardons can be revoked by any ct, its just lame to do so"

ty

• Content Count:  989

I personally think every CT should agree, and my reasoning behind that is because say a CT and a T are friends outside the server, and said T friend kills like 5 CT's and his CT friend pardons him and makes it where you can't kill him. That's stupid. Usually pardons work just off general CT discretion and the offense made. Most Ct's will let it go if it's small, such as went to the wrong place, but then there's the kill hungry CT's who's only purpose is the scoreboard to show off how good they are at a community server against no armored T's. Pardons is something everyone has to agree on, which in most cases doesn't happen. So the only thing I can say is, don't mess up.

Edited by Ayjin

• Content Count:  2238

I personally think every CT should agree, and my reasoning behind that is because say a CT and a T are friends outside the server, and sad T friend kills like 5 CT's and his CT friend pardons him and makes it where you can't kill him. That's stupid.

This.

But in your situation, if that T had killed a CT, he's able to be killed. There's no really "accidentally" killing a CT.

The only time I've seen that not be the case is if there were like a rampant freekiller on while no admins were on to kick them, then most times the other CTs will look the other way if a T manages to kill the freekiller.

• Content Count:  88

i always let those T's be pardoned;)

what i hate is when "casual" players on CT's kill you when you picked up a gun and dropped it immidiately after. or when you ask for kf continue and still get killed @Rawrie ... (not that you did anything wrong, more like being a dick:$)

pb is about having fun and not getting the most kills.

I even got advice from michelle on how not to get killed as a CT -_- like really?

• Content Count:  2230

A pardon is personal.

If I say 'if you come out you are pardoned' then I can not kill you if you come out, otherwise I would be lying to kill you. However every single other CT is able to kill the guy that has been 'pardoned' as like I said, it's personal.

If you say pardon and kill him, that is a free kill. If someone else pardons him and you kill them then that's fine.

As for the people saying that YOU can pardon them and YOU can then kill them at any point, that is false; only people who have not called the pardon can. The CT's word can't be a lie in order to kill someone, that destroys the purpose of the T's rebelling. If a CT tells you that you WILL NOT be killed if you come out and drop your guns and then kills you, that's a freekill. That is the exact same as a CT ordering a T to go to pool, then killing him because he lied and wanted him to go to medic.

EDIT: Just for clarification, this is what I have enforced and have seen enforced without fail every single time this situation has come up in JB. If this is not the case, correct me, however if a CT is able to lie to kill a T, that destroys the purpose of the game and I would highly suggest that get's rethought out.

• Like 1
Edited by Luke
Clarification

• Content Count:  2589

As for the people saying that YOU can pardon them and YOU can then kill them at any point, that is false; only people who have not called the pardon can. The CT's word can't be a lie in order to kill someone, that destroys the purpose of the T's rebelling. If a CT tells you that you WILL NOT be killed if you come out and drop your guns and then kills you, that's a freekill. That is the exact same as a CT ordering a T to go to pool, then killing him because he lied and wanted him to go to medic.

EDIT: Just for clarification, this is what I have enforced and have seen enforced without fail every single time this situation has come up in JB. If this is not the case, correct me, however if a CT is able to lie to kill a T, that destroys the purpose of the game and I would highly suggest that get's rethought out.

If a T kills a CT, he can be killed at anytime. And telling the T he has a pardon, then killing him when he comes out was quite a common tactic in CSS. Haven't seen it as much on CSGO, but I also think people are more whiny when it comes to them dying compared to CSS (see: Next day freeday being revoked)

And it's not the exact same thing as ordering to pool, then killing for not going to medic. AFAIK, pardons have never been an official part of the game. They aren't required, and CTs aren't required to honor them. To sum it up in a gif

bEtbjTB.gif

I know for a fact that other CTs don't have to honor another CT's pardon (asked Onion this before). As for if a CT has to honor his own pardon, I still think no. Would like to hear what Wawa, Onion or another higher up has to say though.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.