? servers

? players online

ARMA 3

• Content Count:  1612

There is a keybind that toggles the throttle from 0 to max on the numpad. Not sure if they updated it to remove it, but when I first played, it was there, and I made the mistake of toggling it.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  490

Presuming you are going full realism and using the Advanced Flight Model and First Person lock.

- Never enable Free-Lock Camera Lock, awareness is one of the most important things when flying planes or helicopters but if you are new, lack experiences of using keyboard and mouse, i sugges you avoid always on free look and keep it on a nearby key for instant acess, to allow the mouse for flying purpose.

- Wind is your worst enemy. it hides when you expect it and hits you hard when you least expect it. If you are flying close to hills or mountain slopes. Keep a safety distance from nearest object and prepare to make emergency measures. The wind in this game is hard to learn. It can change based on mission setting, time or position. But once you flown enough, you know when to expect it and how to position yourself for it.

- Depending on mission difficulty, you find that more and more HUD information starts to go away (Crosshair, Attitude meter, speedometer) Sit down in both the pilot seat and the co-pilot seat, then learn to read the helicopters instrument board (The actual instrument board, not the game HUD) It's important to know where each module is to ensure you spend the least amount of time looking for information and more time on awareness outside helicopter.

I could write a 500 page book about this, but i try and get a Arma guide up for stuff like this.

- Expect bullets and missils to go a bit under your crosshair. The longer the distance, the more you gotta aim under crosshair. (Also understand that some ammunition has a effective range, so dont expect to be snipping targets from 5 kilometers in a little bird outfitted with miniguns)

- Planes and helicopter are fragile in regards to the modern worlds ammunition. Just because you are in a plane 2 Kilometers from target, don't mean they can't also bring you down if they have the right equipment (AAA, Anti Air Missils)

- Not sure if the AFM calculates weight like the mod i play with with does, but a good advice is to learn your load. The heavier the load, the more careful you have to be. (Carrying infantry, tanks, ammunition crates and trucks) It also helps you find out how rough you can allow your flying to be.

- Learn to land fast and safely, and then get off the ground faster then you landed on it.

- Remember! Don't matter if someone is a captain, a rambo or a friend. You are the pilot, you control the aircraft and you make the decisions. Just because someone thinks a place is good for landing, don't mean it is. You make the decision cause it's your job to ensure everyones safety.

I am currently writing a guide for Arma 3 with all this information at some point. If anyone feels i wrote bad information, please feel free to correct me.

:adog:

• Like 1
Edited by Dimitry

• Content Count:  11723

bought it during wintersale, played for a bit, lagged like crazy, refunded it. q.q

You prob had it on the incorrect settings that your pc could handle or your pc is low spec

• Content Count:  490

Intel i5 3.4 ghz

8GB RAM

AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB

everything on low, almost no difference between that and high x.x

It depends on what and how you go into the game.

Singleplayer and official Multiplayer arma missions are pretty FPS friendly and stable.

You go on user made missions and any server, you going to have a bad FPS, cause of scripts running, players, objects in the world and server performance.

Sadly Arma also loves to chokepoint on your CPU instead of spreading the load out and focusing more on the GPU.

But if you stick around and apply some FPS fixes that certainly will help get 10-20 FPS more, You'll have one hell of a game.

:adog:

Edited by Dimitry
Forgot my lucky dog

Reply to Thread