? servers

? players online

PSA: Serious Security Breach on Steam

• Content Count:  1747

As of this moment, there are serious caching issues, refrain from using any sort of payment actions in the store and get your eyes on your bank movements.

Info that might've been compromised include billing information, last 4 digits of your phone number, email, purchase history, current balance, etc.

Will be updating on the situation as soon as I know more about it.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  800

I saw what was going on this morning and i've been checking my account probably every hour

I've been logged on all fucking day -_-

Fuck me right in the ass

Edited by RoverBot3

• Content Count:  1747

So this is not exactly confirmed, but the sources are decent enough.

Accounts that were not logged on during the cache malfunction should be safe in terms of leaked information.

To other accounts, if you have any saved billing information (paypal, credit card, billing address, among others), that data might be compromised. Assume as well that your full email name is compromised. Going back to phone numbers, since theres only 4 digits available, the possibilities of combinations go beyond 6k, so while you might still wanna change it, you should be fine on that front.

To anyone using paypal, make sure you go to Paypal.com and go to Settings and Preapproved payments under the Payment options heading and unlink your connection to steam.

To say this again, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CHANGE ANY SENSIBLE INFORMATION ON STEAM RIGHT NOW, DO NOT EVEN TRY TO USE THE WEBSITE RIGHT NOW.

Reply to Thread