? servers

? players online

Armored Warfare Open Public Beta starts soon

• Content Count:  1842

Just to let you guys know this weekend is the final early access stress test for Armored Warfare and after that's done it will be moving into open beta (date hasn't been released yet). Just thought i'd let anyone who cared know, if we can get enough numbers playing the game i wanna setup a clan when the Clan System finally gets implemented.

Bit of Information About the game for anyone Curious:

Armored Warfare is basically a World of Tanks clone built using cry engine 3 and it looks sublime, It takes all the good bit's from World Of Tanks and improves the formula whilst remaining free and it limit's the Pay2win by only charging for special tanks that earn twice the income and twice the xp aswell as premium time which acts the same but apply's to all tanks and only allows for a speedier pass through the grind. it's certainly not needed.

the gameplay is faster paced and a lot more dynamic

They have made vast improvements on Artillery changing it from a pure #RNG420blazeit role into a pure support and assist tank (no more random 1 shot's with the maximum damage being miles lower but dealing more splash damage, no more 0 damage games either with them being a lot more accurate) they also have their own support shell type's such as illuminous rounds which are used to spot areas on the map, smoke rounds to remove enemy vision from the game and help shelter your frontliners and you get to partake in your own Arty vs Arty minigame as all arty in the game will be able to spot the opposite arty once they have fired (visibility only lasts for a brief time) so relocating is actually necessary, all these features make for a more enjoyable playing experience both for those who play arty and those who face it.

Bigger and more balanced maps, obviously being soon out of beta the map pool is still small but the rotation is pretty enjoyable so far (WoT never seems to add any maps so it would be hard to have less)

Obsidian have also Added a PvE mode which is actually pretty fun to play especially with a group of 5 players who can communicate, it's basically 5 versus a bunch of mob's with specialized objectives to complete in a set time limit

Modern Tanks, this is obviously the selling point of the game and the biggest difference between WoT and AW, The cannons are bigger and better without the use of "gold rounds" and the ammo types are implemented very similar to the way it is handled in warthunder with a large selection of multi-purpose rounds i.e. hesh (low pen but larger module dmg), APCR(high pen medium alpha usually used be the lower tier tanks), APSFDS(the standard rounds of the MBT's high pen high alpha), HEAT (heat is much different from how it is used in WOT it gives you the highest Alpha damage but in return has lower penetration, it is also nerfed in high tier games by the development of ERA armour which basically means it'll never pen), API (used by the scout tanks low alpha HE round).

The armour is thicker and more angled and it actually matters in this game unlike in WoT where the gradual Power creep and the constant barrage of gold rounds basically mean every tank can be penned frontally but with AW they went a different approach by using decreased damage dealt by hitting large frontal "weakspot's" such as cupolas unless aimed perfectly you will likely only deal half damage with a cupola shot which adds a lot more viability, obviously there are other ways to pen heavily armoured enemies but the buff to tanks with massive cupola's is welcomed by me.

The Spotting Mechanics and camo have been totally reworked, you no longer get completely invisible tanks, you will always see tracers of the shells from whence they came which is a really awesome feature, the amount of times invisible tanks just wreck you in WoT annoy's me no end

Equipment is an interesting one basically instead of just buying it like you can in WoT they have kind of implemented it in an almost loot system in that different tanks have the ability to unlock different pieces of equipment which carry different buff's, so say you want a fire power buff on your tier 4 scout you would have to find and unlock the piece of equipment on another tank still not sold on whether this is actually useful or just another grind really

guess ill talk a bit about the Cons Now:

Currently the grind is a bit drawn out in that the xp needed to go from tier 1-8 is the same as going from 1-10 in WoT although they are looking to change that and make it easier to newcomers aswell as players heavily invested in WOT

There are currently only 2 "dealers" (basically the same as nations in WOT) obviously they are planning on adding many more with the next "dealer" dealing in Asian tank's

erm this kinda dragged out a bit longer than it probably needed to and i probably missed a bunch of shit out but what does it matter because no one is gonna read this shit anyway right? heres a pretty informative gameplay video

thanks for Reading if you did you sorry my grammar is pretty shit im only a farmer and im pretty tired

if you decide you wanna give it a try post here or add me on steam or something

the website is http://www.aw.my.com/us

Edited by Farmer Mick

• Content Count:  1842

I always get founder packs. =/

yeh they are unbelievable value too, i picked up the top tier pack which nets you 4 prem tanks, 3 6's and a 4 and 2 of them are exclusive for 1 year, 8k gold and 90 days prem time with a few other perks all for a grand total of $70 and you get it for both server's EU and NA which is pretty amazing

also if you are gonna get a founders pack you need to do it sooner rather than later, they wont be getting sold after open beta launches in a few weeks and unfortunately you already missed out on early access as this is the last weekend for it

Edited by Farmer Mick

Reply to Thread