? servers

? players online

Rules Suggestion (Mainly for Prison Break):

• Content Count:  66

Okay, so. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person that gets annoyed at this, but, as a female I get targeted a lot by the other players, 90% of the time a CT, to "preform a sexual act" or something with a sexual innuendo to it. I find it really disturbing that CTs can get away with the order for a player to do something this disturbing. People under the age of 18, and even young kids like our friend Buddy play the servers and shouldn't be around that stuff. Also its just cruel, disrespectful, and disgusting. Also the mention of rape or any kind of sexism should not be allowed in any server, and should be treated as strictly as racism is. ---- I know kids joke and say things like "lol suk my dik" but when it gets into the game its WAY too far.

A certain regular player that frequents CT ( I don't want to name names but if you feel like he deserves punishment just ask me the name, I have no proof, though. ) has told me on multiple occasions to perform sexual acts on him (yes its in game but I still hate it), and also told me I should do it IRL... Which also bothers me greatly.

I know this is considered player disrespect, but really.. Could we just expand on this and/or make it its own rule to prevent the people that say/do these things in the servers&community from doing that?? I mean, it should be a gaggable, muteable, kickable, or bannable offense.

This is coming from somebody that's received this treatment way too often and has seen it occur around (younger) people, or even TO these (younger) people.

• Like 1
Edited by Psychotropic Red
changed "allowed to give the order" to "can get away with the order"

Absolutely disgusting.

If you feel uncomfortable, don't be afraid to ask an admin for help!! I'm sure they'll do something about it right away.

Well I've said something to an admin before, I dont remember who because it was early in my jb participation, but they kinda shoved it off like it was just a silly joke. And its also occurred with admins around.

• Content Count:  1546

Well I've said something to an admin before, I dont remember who because it was early in my jb participation, but they kinda shoved it off like it was just a silly joke. And its also occurred with admins around.

ohno

WHO DID THIS

• Content Count:  4550

If you're getting singled out to do stuff like that, it's discrimination. Obviously it's PB so it does have this roleplaying intention, but if any admin is on the server when this is happening, I would 100% expect them to stop it. I understand it's a game and it's pretend, but there's a line you cross when it goes from harmless fun to uncomfortable harassment. Player harassment isn't allowed on the servers and would be punished. Send me proof of what's been done and I'll see how it looks.

Also, if you say admins have been on when it's happened and you told them that you weren't happy doing the orders, I would like to know who too. In private if you like.

Edited by Spartan

If you're getting singled out to do stuff like that, it's discrimination. Obviously it's PB so it does have this roleplaying intention, but if any admin is on the server when this is happening, I would 100% expect them to stop it from happening. I understand it's a game and it's pretend, but there's a line you cross when it goes from harmless fun to uncomfortable harassment. Player harassment isn't allowed on the servers and would be punished. Send me proof of what's been done and I'll see how it looks.

Ty for the reply. I thought the admins would always stop this stuff, but thats not always the case. I mean, they can miss it or whatever but when its in plain text its a little silly to miss it. I do understand this is harassment, and I feel like its already against the rules to say/do these certain things.. but, I also think it should be defined somewhere as a part of player harassment/disrespect.. Cause yaknow, ppl get away with it :') I also do not have real proof of this, but if I do get any I will GLADLY post a player complaint about it.

• Content Count:  4550

I can understand the need for making it plain to see, but somehow I just don't think it would make people stop doing it if they wanted to. It's unlikely they even read the rules, nevermind actually thinking reading them would make them stop. Some people just don't care to read the rules because they see themselves as better than them. I would consider it just a simple courtesy we extend to players that we give them equality and fairness when it comes to playing on the servers, and then they aren't subject to this kind of harassment or discrimination just because they're a woman. It's just one of those unwritten rules.

I'm kind of surprised an admin would brush off an incident like this but maybe there was some ignorance involved or some confusion over the intention. All I can say right now is that if it keeps happening, tell the player in voice or chat that if they do it again they're gona get reported. Hopefully it will make them stop, but if not, you can call in an admin and reference this thread as justification.

• Like 1
Edited by Spartan

• Content Count:  2589

Here's my stance on the matter:

Orders like telling Ts to "suck my dick" are fine, as long as the T is alright with it. As with any form of player disrespect, I, and almost any admins as much as I can tell, will let it slide ONLY IF both parties are okay with it and it isn't too extreme.

Specifically in regards to this type of situation you've brought up, I don't see a necessity to flat out specify it in the rules, and as Spartan pointed out, it wouldn't do much to prevent the it. Let's take someone like Bubblez, who I will name since everyone knows he does it from time to time and it's basically common knowledge, who does this order not a lot, but it's fairly common. From what I've seen, he doesn't go out of his way to target females in particular when he does, but for the most part both parties are okay with it. In that case, I wouldn't punish. However if the person being ordered is not okay with it, then it is player disrespect/harassment and the CT should be punished.

As Spartan said, any admin that flat out shrugged it off, shouldn't have but I'll let the higher ups do their job in regards to handling that. I highly encourage anytime something like this happens, you use admin chat to report it (type @ in front of your message in team chat to do so, example given below). And it also wouldn't hurt to demo as well.

TL;Dr since i keep getting bitched at- The order itself is okay as long as both parties are okay with it. Otherwise it is player disrespect.

Example of admin chat:

Go like you are going to send a message to your team(default is U). Type @ then your message.

So: @rawr is Freekilling again

Would send that message to only admins in game. It's a good way to report stuff to us.

• Like 2

Here's my stance on the matter:

Orders like telling Ts to "suck my dick" are fine, as long as the T is alright with it. As with any form of player disrespect, I, and almost any admins as much as I can tell, will let it slide ONLY IF both parties are okay with it and it isn't too extreme.

Specifically in regards to this type of situation you've brought up, I don't see a necessity to flat out specify it in the rules, and as Spartan pointed out, it wouldn't do much to prevent the it. Let's take someone like Bubblez, who I will name since everyone knows he does it from time to time and it's basically common knowledge, who does this order not a lot, but it's fairly common. From what I've seen, he doesn't go out of his way to target females in particular when he does, but for the most part both parties are okay with it. In that case, I wouldn't punish. However if the person being ordered is not okay with it, then it is player disrespect/harassment and the CT should be punished.

As Spartan said, any admin that flat out shrugged it off, shouldn't have but I'll let the higher ups do their job in regards to handling that. I highly encourage anytime something like this happens, you use admin chat to report it (type @ in front of your message in team chat to do so, example given below). And it also wouldn't hurt to demo as well.

TL;Dr since i keep getting bitched at- The order itself is okay as long as both parties are okay with it. Otherwise it is player disrespect.

Example of admin chat:

Go like you are going to send a message to your team(default is U). Type @ then your message.

So: @rawr is Freekilling again

Would send that message to only admins in game. It's a good way to report stuff to us.

I just feel it shouldn't really happen in the first place. I may just be bias and dislike it, but its not only him doing it and really it just makes the experience total crap (at least for me and those who dislike it). I just feel like this is a deep dark nasty side of SG that shouldn't be there if theres a roleplay aspect to it. This isn't a sex sim... Its Jailbreak, or minigames, or whatever. Just lets keep rape out of it all? I mean the guys saying like "suck my c---" is whatever if both parties are being cool about it, you know boys thing 'no homo' blah blah. Just rape talk IK is a common thing to keep out of mouths but its really bad enough for me to post about it, it should be addressed in some way somewhere. Not to make the higher ups work more, I mean its not their job or anything to help write the rules. Just slide in there "Player disrespect/harassment can include anything like: 'this, that & the other' or threats of physical assault, real life violence or crimes, etc." you know? I just feel that could be a little bit of a "hey look you can get banned for this" when somebody shows somebody breaking the rule the PB (or any server's) rules thread.

Edited by Psychotropic Red

Reply to Thread