? servers

? players online

Jailbreak Vents

• Content Count:  192

Hello,

What are the rules for vents. I know that vents are KOS but what if there is a vent that leads from one wall to the other (pretty much outside even though the door was right next to it? I pretty sure all vents are KOS but just wanted to know.

Also, Is this baiting/freekilling? The other night, the current warden was telling me to follow him and I stopped before going into vents then he said its okay go follow me into vents, then once I followed his order he decided to shoot me up and told me that vents are KOS regardless what a warden tells you.

I wasn't recording but I felt like it was just a excuse to freekill me.

• Content Count:  356

Also, Is this baiting/freekilling? The other night, the current warden was telling me to follow him and I stopped before going into vents then he said its okay go follow me into vents, then once I followed his order he decided to shoot me up and told me that vents are KOS regardless what a warden tells you.

I wasn't recording but I felt like it was just a excuse to freekill me.

sounds like extreme baiting to me.

• Content Count:  1396

I'm incline towards the CTs side on this entering the vent is kos always so if he killed you it wouldn't be a freekill if something like that happens again just stand outside the bent and say I'm not allowed to go in there or something so then if he kills you for not following orders it would be a freekill but either way what the CT did was a douche bag move

and yes all vents are KOS

• Content Count:  2589

Not at all baiting. Baiting is when a CT is putting himself in a situation where death is inevitable (so to speak).

Vents are always KOS. From what you said he told you it was okay to follow him. He didn't exactly order you to enter. As retro said, in that situation you should just stand outside the vent. If he kills you for not entering then it's free kill.

• Content Count:  2238

Vents are always KOS. From what you said he told you it was okay to follow him. He didn't exactly order you to enter. As retro said, in that situation you should just stand outside the vent. If he kills you for not entering then it's free kill.

I see where you guys are coming from in terms of "if you followed him" through the KOS area like that it's a legit kill, but I feel like the CT deserves a Gibbs slap for douchebaggery orders.

yes, vents are KOS, but a CT giving orders to do something that's listed as KOS is just trying to pad numbers. Either the T follows his orders, does something that's listed as KOS and is killed, or he doesn't and he gets killed for not following orders.

• Like 1

I see where you guys are coming from in terms of "if you followed him" through the KOS area like that it's a legit kill, but I feel like the CT deserves a Gibbs slap for douchebaggery orders.

yes, vents are KOS, but a CT giving orders to do something that's listed as KOS is just trying to pad numbers. Either the T follows his orders, does something that's listed as KOS and is killed, or he doesn't and he gets killed for not following orders.

Oh I'd definitely get onto him and punish him for trying that shit. Just given what was said, it wasn't a free kill if he didn't actually order him into the vent. It's all a technicality but regardless id still punish him for trying that bullshit.

• Content Count:  1086

If the CT said "Follow me through these vents" exactly then it'd be a freekill if he killed you. With the logic that vents are ALWAYS kos, then what's stopping me from killing every T that takes the teleporter to the main area in clouds?

If the CT said "Follow me through these vents" exactly then it'd be a freekill if he killed you. With the logic that vents are ALWAYS kos, then what's stopping me from killing every T that takes the teleporter to the main area in clouds?

The exact rules are teleports and vents are always KOS. In the case of clouds there's an obvious exception as its required to play the map. The logic can be applied that that teleporter is a part of the map layout and it is required. Other teleporters such as the one in cells on electric, serve no purpose other than to rebel. If we KOSd the clouds teleport we might as well get rid of the map cuz we'd only have main spawn area.

• Content Count:  1086

The exact rules are teleports and vents are always KOS. In the case of clouds there's an obvious exception as its required to play the map. The logic can be applied that that teleporter is a part of the map layout and it is required. Other teleporters such as the one in cells on electric, serve no purpose other than to rebel.

They're part of the map layout too.

They're part of the map layout too.

You missed the main point. They aren't required and serve no other purpose than to rebel. The teleporter on clouds doesn't help you rebel. Even more so the way it's designed by having the CTs teleport away from the Ts. It's designed to simply Grt to the main area of the map. Whereas the teleporter on maps such as electric, are designed to help you rebel.

It boils down to common sense.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.