? servers

? players online

i made a frag vider

• Content Count:  2095

3rd person seems laggy, plus if you want to use it, combine it with right hand viewmodel since third person has it in right hand.

Even with time_scale 0 and several other tweaks I had a bunch of problems with laggy player models, if you look at the background it's a solid 60fps throughout, the timescale lag is really awkward in some demos for me

I was completely oblivious to the left/right weapon orientation too, that's one hell of a catch man

Nice, i really like that you captured more than just first person. If this is the first part of a longer frag im really excited to see the rest :)

Thanks fam, I was going to extend onto it but I just wanted to get back into making videos and got caught up playing around with this clip

Edited by SoulKeeper

• Content Count:  5063

I've been thinking about making a montage, so if you have some first and third person clips laying around that i could get that would be great :)

[video=youtube;0_9GaRR-sZs]

A test i did. Might be too much "bright" colors which im thinking about toning down. But i quite like the coloring.

• Like 1
Edited by floffypus

• Content Count:  2095

You don't need a controller for smooths, I used HLAE, it's great.

I have a pretty bad computer so it was annoying going back and forth between ticks to watch/edit the smooth, but it's MUCH quicker than the source smooth because you don't create a new demo to view, the path is created and viewed in the same demo and you set 2 binds to reset/add ticks.

Had I done the smart thing and figured out what song I was going to use and planned out the cinematic for it I would have saved a ton of time, but it was still very easy and fun with HLAE.

There's tons of tutorials on youtube for it. Some overly paranoid people are worried about VAC because they don't know how it works, but it launches CSGO in -insecure, so even if you (tried) to join an online game it wouldn't allow you because you launched the game with VAC disabled and it simply won't allow you.

Yeah, im either getting a config for cinematic recording or ill try and get my controller to work.

Despite it not being recorded in 1080p60 it still looked extremely good, good job. I'd recommend using HLAE or the built in smooth to create cinematics like you used though. I'd personally never do a cinematic by hand, it's nowhere near as smooth or professional looking as the real deal.

I'm not worried about your editing on it either, almost the entire frag/cinematic community use WAAAAY more colors, effects, gradients, brightness, and color corrector effects on their videos to ever criticize you for effects. Hell, I've seen Machinima and big names absolutely SWAMP their videos in effects to the extent you can't even see the frags.

I think it's because it's more of an artistic rendition of a video than worrying about siq frags, it's meant to look cool and exuberant.

Edited by SoulKeeper

Reply to Thread