? servers

? players online

ARK Survival Evolved Server?

• Content Count:  3728

Can imagine the game taking a lot of resources and probably needs a good dedi to be runned off. The game is also in it's alpha state whereas they still work on optimizing and fixing the amount of bugs they've came across. I'd say we wait until that is all done before considering opening up a server for the game.

Edited by Paralyzed

• Content Count:  517

Can imagine the game taking a lot of resources and probably needs a good dedi to be runned off.

Judging by the game's optimisation, the server code must be a nightmare.

On the other side, can see the point in wanting a server now, as the game becomes more and more popular, starting a server will be more difficult since this doesn't seem like the game for server hopping.

• Content Count:  978

The game is insanely popular right now.

^ This

I feel like the same thing would happen on this server as what happened on rust.

I was asking @Kubo the other day about the game, I'm not sure if rust had it back then but ARK has PVE apparently? The major reason people stopped playing rust was one some were hacking, and two people who no lifed it would always fuck other people over. But if it's PVE I don't see it being too much of a problem. Again this is based off what I heard about the game, I saw you playing it the other day @R3TROATTACK so if you have some insight that'd be great ^_^

Edited by Tsuna
Grammar

• Content Count:  1396

^ This

I was asking @Kubo the other day about the game, I'm not sure if rust had it back then but ARK has PVE apparently? They major reason people stopped playing rust was one some were hacking, and two people who no lifed it would always fuck other people over. But if it's PVE I don't see it being too much of a problem. Again this is based off what I heard about the game, I saw you playing it the other day @R3TROATTACK so if you have some insight that'd be great ^_^

I havent played it that much yet but there are options for pve or pvp i believe

• Content Count:  1592

Judging by the game's optimisation, the server code must be a nightmare.

On the other side, can see the point in wanting a server now, as the game becomes more and more popular, starting a server will be more difficult since this doesn't seem like the game for server hopping.

Game is way more optimized now and the server code is rather p good for an alpha :d + Yes it's better to start a server now, because the reason above

• Content Count:  467

There is not much server stuff to be done i can run it from my own pc aswell its just a bat file u run.. where u can put all your settings not that horrible to be honest and last friday should be the jurassic ark patch which boosted optimalization by 30% u can also whitelist people by steam id and the ammount of content is alot. Besides if u turn on pve u cant destroy bases so people dont have to worry all that can happen is if you fuck up you lose stuff but thats on you.

Edited by Jeffa-96

Reply to Thread