? servers

? players online

Unturned server

• Content Count:  1386

would it possible for SG to open an unturned server? or have someone host one? it is a free game and can use beta code "OPERATIONMAPLELEAF" to get the 3.0 beta.

• Content Count:  2941

It's possible but won't be likely right now.

First, we should worry about the servers that we already have.

Giving them more stable population and getting them up the ranks and whatnot. (TTT and the like)

• Content Count:  3440

Rather than shooting a decent idea down, you really should poll the community and see what kind of interest there is.

I for one will probably never play on TTT again. (Too many migraines from the ridiculous amounts of mic spamming/yelling, I know, I know I'm old)

The point is trying to force the issue with a dying server may or may not be the best move. As much as I love GG we've had too many failed GG revival attempts around here to continue to invest time/money/effort.

Instead of shooting down a potentially successful server... find out what people want first.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1386

I totally agree with itch. We need to keep to date instead of trying to reinvent what worked in the past. I think unturned would be a great idea for a server because the game is free and that means it has more interest. Plus it has elements of day z which is a newer popular game.

• Content Count:  3462

Instead of shooting down a potentially successful server... find out what people want first.

Normally in my view I would totally agree with you, but what I've learned from the past with Steamgamers is that other games just don't work. If you walk away from the CS/GMOD/Minecraft scene the server is just meant to fail. Rust and Starbound, we had servers for both of those and boop, died. I don't even know what's up with the KF2 server, anyone know if that still exists or not? (i know it is a new game, but the hype somewhat dimmed) The only acception I have been around for was the Natural Selection 2 server that was one of the best at some point.

I'm not saying unturned isn't going to work, but from past experiences people tend to get bored of outside games rather quickly, hence why everyone is so hesitant to jump on new games. That's the way I see it at least.

Edited by Nuclear Onion

• Content Count:  3440

Normally in my view I would totally agree with you, but what I've learned from the past with Steamgamers is that other games just don't work. If you walk away from the CS/GMOD/Minecraft scene the server is just meant to fail. Rust and Starbound, we had servers for both of those and boop, died. I don't even know what's up with the KF2 server, anyone know if that still exists or not? (i know it is a new game, but the hype somewhat dimmed) The only acception I have been around for was the Natural Selection 2 server that was one of the best at some point.

I'm not saying unturned isn't going to work, but from past experiences people tend to get bored of outside games rather quickly, hence why everyone is so hesitant to jump on new games. That's the way I see it at least.

There is some irony to what you posted. Note: That I've been around long enough to have been here when GMOD/MineCraft were the "new" servers/game types we were trying out.

That aside your argument is why I said poll the community, find out if there is enough interest before either shooting down the idea or investing time/money/etc. into trying a server.

• Content Count:  2167

Rather than shooting a decent idea down, you really should poll the community and see what kind of interest there is.

I for one will probably never play on TTT again. (Too many migraines from the ridiculous amounts of mic spamming/yelling, I know, I know I'm old)

The point is trying to force the issue with a dying server may or may not be the best move. As much as I love GG we've had too many failed GG revival attempts around here to continue to invest time/money/effort.

Did someone say GG?!?!?

But yeah I agree that we should keep an eye out for the next big thing.

Reply to Thread