? servers

? players online

SpaceBuild 3?

• Content Count:  1064

Just another suggestion for a server.

If you don't know what it is, the title should be self explanatory. You build complex or basic spaceships, battle, explore or hang out with friends. You can fly to other planets/moons but risk running out of oxygen, literally burning due to high temperatures or freeze from the cold moons.

Pros:

1) Low administration required.

-If you implement the anti-minge tools from BuildRP, there should be no prop killing.

-There are "War" planets where battles/wars can be held, or just huge murderfests.

-Most people who play just want to build, I have played a few servers a few times at multiple times and have seen close to no minges/trolls.

-Since noclip would be required, i don't think there would be any prop killing.

2) Very fun/enjoying.

-Building can be pretty easy and almost no skill is required. You can build a super complex spaceship out of PHX plates or some garbage carrier out of cargo containers.

-You and your friends can build a huge spaceship and fly it through the galaxy.

-You can wage spaceship wars in orbit around the War planets to fight to the death!

3) Downloads.

-If we have FastDL for the server, the content packs should download fast.

-We don't need all the custom playermodels, hoverboards, hovercars etc, so it won't take 20 minutes to load in.

-Wiremod is required.

-Download time should be rather short.

Cons:

1) Server resources

-I honestly do not know how many resources this would require, so I'll ask around.

-I don't think it would be more than BuildRP.

2) Crashing/Restarts

-I've played on a few Spacebuild3 servers and most say they have a tendency to crash due to massive spaceships being spawned and the server not being able to handle it.

-It would most likely need restarted every 24 hours.

-Crashing intentionally could be tough, as instead of having the anti-spam/ghosting the props they just delete after you spawn in so many in an interval.

I honestly can't think of any more negative points but if anyone has any, do share. Thanks.

Reply to Thread