? servers

? players online

laptop problems can anyone help pls

• Content Count:  2488

Usually when you get a BSoD it's a memory problem. When companies, like Dell, sell laptops they give you the minimum amount possible forcing you to upgrade.

The other possibility is that it's overheating like the other said. when you use your desktop but something under it that will give it some room to breathe. I remember Jager told VirDeBello to put legos under his and it worked so try to put legos or any kind of thing that you could prop it up on all 4 corners.

• Content Count:  1141

I play on my laptop and sometimes when I feel lazy I play CS:S in bed. I never have any problems with over-heating though. One time it almost set my bed on fire, but other then that...

• Content Count:  6559

Have you ever opened it up to dust it out?

Also I used to get random restarts on certain maps with the same laptop you have.

Apparently some graphics cards were defective. I was just too lazy to return it.

• Content Count:  1755

Yeah what I did was I got a laptop cooler and put legos under the laptop corners in the back so the keyboard tilts towards me, I also opened up my laptop and used the dust blower thingy and blew my laptop. After I blew my laptop its been a happy little thing. :001_wub:

It also depends on the specs of your laptop...mine are damn good so I knew it wasn't graphic or memory or processing problems.

• Content Count:  1300

well grim dowload a program called memtest or prime 95, either or, run an extended loop against the memory and the processor separately and it will let you know pretty quick if components are gonig bad. I also recommend cleaning out the vents with compressed air, making sure you have defragmented your HDD recently, clean out your cache and other files if your low on physical space, and post some damn specs on the laptop, Without knowing what your setting in CSS are versus your laptop specs thats all i can give you.

Reply to Thread