? servers

? players online

The Forest

• Content Count:  3728

A few more details about the upcoming open-world survival horror game The Forest have been unveiled. In a recent interview with Eurogamer, Endnight Games explained some of its gameplay philosophies surrounding the PC exclusive.

In The Forest, you play as the lone survivor of a plane crash who's ended up on an island filled with cannibals. "We wanted to create a world where we could drop the player into and give them free range to do whatever they want, similar to something like Minecraft where a lot of the fun comes from decisions that you make," explained Endnight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQgVj9tBQG0&hd=1

Players build up their skills and equipment in order to get to new parts of The Forest, but specific goals won't be spelled out. Instead, you'll be dropped in the world and will have to explore without any defined missions. If you want to uncover the story of The Forest, clues are hidden amongst the environment.

There will be an ending, but it's optional and the developers think that many gamers will get so caught up in surviving that they won't even realize there's a conclusion.

As for the cannibals residing in The Forest, Endnight is taking a unique approach. These cannibals aren't evil, just hungry. If you kill their friends they'll cry over their bodies or in some instances they'll even run away. Other times they'll watch you from a vantage point in the trees without moving in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08s__Fg8d3A&hd=1

Those who can survive in The Forest long enough will be able to earn a spot on the leader boards. For the hardcore survivalists out there, permadeath will also be an option.

The Forest is currently in development and will enter beta in the next few months.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/13/the-forests-storytelling-and-gameplay-details-revealed

• Like 1

• Content Count:  954

Looks so sick, It's like rust but better

edit: is this pvp or just sp

Singleplayer, so basically it'll be infinitely better than either rust or dayz because you don't have to worry about dickheads or hackers.

I've been watching this since it first popped up on Greenlight, looks like it'll be really fun. Not to mention it has Oculus Rift functionality, so it'll be absolutely terrifying

alpha release when

• Content Count:  939

Escape the island, I'm guessing. Either that or it's a "Survive as long as possible"

Or I think it's collect some diamonds to mine some shenanigan element called obsedian then use that to make an portal that takes you to a place refered to as the "nether", then kill some flying blaze men along with some cry babies called ghasts then go back to earth and make a journey to find the end portal then rape the big bad meanie boss, called the ender dragon...

Oh wait.

• Content Count:  55

I've been watching this game for months, it was originally supposed to be released in December 2013 (well the alpha anyway), and now has been pushed back to early 2014, but all in all this game looks amazing, and can't wait for the release.

Reply to Thread