? servers

? players online

Group Podcast and or Youtube channel

• Content Count:  2589

One minor problem I have with SG is the lack of communication and ease of access to who the higher ups really are. And what I mean by that is you can find out just by asking who the higher up are, but unless you take the time to play with them and try to talk to them, you don't get to see who they are easily. Take psyche, caution and exrev for example. Things I know about exrev: He's like in his late 20s to early 30s; Has a little girl named (I think) Gracie. Things I know about Caution: He's a marine;He lives in/is stationed in Cali. Things I know about Psyche:----He's a higher up?

You'll probably wondering what I'm trying to get at. I think a good way to help newer, and some not so newer members, feel more welcome and apart of the group is to do a group youtube channel and/or podcast.

Gaming Channel:

What I mean by this is not just a few adverts for the group or some random videos once in a blue moon. I mean a channel run and fueled by the members. Sure, if it is going to be official, it is going to have to have a higher up in charge, but here is my suggestion for it:

Create a new email account and make a SteamGamers youtube channel. Pick a higher up to be the supervisor basically. Get a few members, I'd be willing to help, and give them access to the account in order to upload videos and what not.

Make the email publicly known so that members can email their submissions to be reviewed.

A person who has access to the channel reviews and it proposes it to be posted on the channel.

The ones that filter through are posted.

Videos to be submitted:

Random and funny moments within the group.

Lets plays with members of the group.

etc.

Official videos:

Lets plays

Major announcements

Compilation of random and funny/fun moments on the servers to make players want to join.

etc.

Podcast

This is something that I am willing to man the reins myself.

I personally have worked in the world of podcasts before. I have run three separate podcasts in the past, and have learned from each of them. Only thing that failed in three was lack of audience.

This is something that I am really passionate about. I find the whole pod casting thing interesting and fun to do.

Off the top of my head here is a basic suggestion of it:

Produced by Me.

Hosted by me and guests each episode.

Each episode feat a CE+ and at least one Reg and/or Supporter (aside from myself).

Basically it wouldn't be a weekly podcast.

Was thinking maybe monthly.

The episode would be recorded through skype.

Post the first week of every month and recap what happened the previous month such as real world events, SG related news etc. Also talk about something currently happening.

I honestly don't see why we can't at least give a podcast a chance.

Maybe make it where supporters+ will get a link to the podcast a day before non SUP, which would give people motivation to donate.

SG needs something to kickstart new player interest. I personally think a successful community podcast would be a great way to do so.

Again, I am willing to man the reins with this one. Record,edit and upload all by my lonesome self. Would only need members to host with each episode. Would prefer a different lineup each time through so like one episode: Me;Xeno;Anguish. The next me;Caution;Sidearm or whoever.

I know the group has apparently had one in the past before but it failed. Well, I don't see the harm in at least trying again. It has to have been at least over two years since the group last tried since I sure as hell never saw one in my two years with the group.

No harm in trial and error.

• Content Count:  522

I never understood why people like listening to other people talk.

Kinda same with videos, people also already do their own steamgamers videos that are not official so I don't see why we'd need to do that.

Also Psyche has the hips of Shakira that can give a baby in seconds and his brother Bradley is autistic or some shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9zcmLv59jc

Like this?

Also I think we have/had a Steamgamers youtube channel before/currently.

GG neptune, advertising another (dead as fuck thanks to horrible members) group.

That's another way to explain it, yes. That is a promo clip though. A semi-decent one. Audio wasn't that clear tbh.

I've run a different podcast after that that was unrelated and learned from that as well. Better at introduction and jsut overall editing. Trail and error goes a long way.

Point of an official channel is to advertise it to players and get more views within the group. If we currently have an active steamgamers youtube channel, it hasn't been advertised much.

• Content Count:  2001

Podcast no. It will either die within a month of it starting up or not start up at all. Howerver, the youtube channel could be a way to bring in more people to play on our servers. Also i don't think we need to have a higher up run the channel. It can be run by anyone willing to put the time and effort into it. I would volunteer for it if we needed help.

Podcast no. It will either die within a month of it starting up or not start up at all. Howerver, the youtube channel could be a way to bring in more people to play on our servers. Also i don't think we need to have a higher up run the channel. It can be run by anyone willing to put the time and effort into it. I would volunteer for it if we needed help.

If you don't think a higher up needs to run it, why not you and me take rein?

We could work on organize some group plays like l4d versus or some other shit and post em there.

I'll talk to you via steam to work out the details.

Reply to Thread