? servers

? players online

Make a server solely dedicated to Football  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Make a server solely dedicated to Football

Football Server

• Content Count:  490

While in the past few months I've noticed MG kinda go downhill, I've received comments that Football has killed it a bit. I'd like to make a recommendation, if we have the bandwidth, to make a Football server and take all of the maps off MG; of course this doesn't include the multimaps with soccer. Keep in mind, this is only a recommendation.

Respectfully,

Moopies :d

• Content Count:  535

The football maps played on mini games are the multigame maps aka swag, yolo, lego

And then there's mg_football. That's the 1 map I would have moved to a football server.

• Content Count:  6465

Would be more inclined to say that we just remove said maps that kill a server's population.

We had a soccer server previously and it did not really work out.

• Content Count:  3052

1)If we do have the space to spare a server with atleast 15 spots, I say give it a shot.

a)Very easy to setup and maintain

b)I am thinking it will decrease the amount of times that yolo,swag,bforce,football are played on MG

c)a few years ago noob galore had a soccer server and it did really well! And, 35% of those players who started in there went on to become CSS Soccer players in serious servers.

2)For the past 6 months, *** clan has had a soccer server up. It is however constantly dead. However

a)Here we have alot more members/players and can spread the word about the server

b)They didn't have any points/tips of how to play soccer in css like: rates,positioning, how to hit the damn ball...and pass.

c)There is a European public soccer server and it has almost 8+ people in it at any giving time. Therefore, with the right promotion, the server can hold its own player base

3)I suggested that we hosted a 4v4 soccer tourny. Many liked the idea!

a)If the soccer server does happen, having a tourny a few weeks (with prizes) after its up, will get people to atleast try out the server

4)My friends list is almost all css soccer players, and they do miss a public soccer server to mess around in with new people

Not sure what else to say/add :)

Just my opinion on the matter!!

Labarr

P.S Xeno is bad at soccer

• Content Count:  2941

Many words of Labarr

I'd actually be okay if we had something like this. Recently, CS:S Soccer sparked my interest. A couple of months ago, I didn't really enjoy soccer on MG but until now. It's been pretty fun when there are people who know what they're doing

because I certainly don't..

Reply to Thread