? servers

? players online

Ridiculous Source Error

• Content Count:  580

Lately Source has been acting real fucked up. I was just enjoying a good round of Boatescape , we all voted for Black Mesa , and as the map is loading , Source will crash , claim some silly "Internal driver" error , and then Xfire provides 2 exceptions , after which the computer reboots. Every time after the reboot I get a message from Windows , "This computer has recovered from a serious error." I go send the error in and the site reports back with some gibberish about a STOP error. Is there any way to fix this , it's become quite inconvenient.

edit : here is what windows says

http://wer.microsoft.com/responses/Response.aspx/10/en-us/5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0?SGD=b0894a4e-70e0-4e84-97f1-306f96bf140f

Pictures

http://zargotelc.blogofdan.com/screenshots/internalerror.JPG

Edited by Zargotelc

• Content Count:  6242

From your picture, it looks like a DirectX 3D driver error. Maybe a re-install of your directx drivers and possibly your drivers for your graphics card. I have not had this problem yet so this is only my guesses. If you've gotten graphics card update lately there might be an issue with the update and source not liking it, that happens at our TV station a bunch.

The funny thing is updates are available for that video card , however it never installs properly. I need to get an actual video card instead of shared memory.

The error seems to have disappeared for now. I googled the error and set CSS to -directx 80 when it launches , and there have been no errors so far.

Isn't 10 only available for Vista? The computer with CSS has XP operating system.

Regardless I found some updates there , SDK or something. Hopefully these stupid errors will stop.

• Content Count:  6242

Isn't 10 only available for Vista? The computer with CSS has XP operating system.

Regardless I found some updates there , SDK or something. Hopefully these stupid errors will stop.

I ran the install for 10 after I posted cause I think i was running 9 myself, weird, but I run XP. If you run their automated install it will detect what version you have and any other programs you'll need updated, so its good to try to install.

Installed it yet got the same error again , and the system reboot. It seems to happen on Mesa a lot, which is a shame because that's a good map.

Edit : Here are possible fixes for the error https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5204-UOSN-9830

One of those suggested solutions is to uninstall and reinstall css. I'm doing that now :(

Edited by Zargotelc

Reply to Thread