? servers

? players online

Wipe the Slate Clean - Remove all permanent bans older than 6 months - year+

• Content Count:  1120

I think the title speaks for itself but I may as well clarify my reasoning.

Seriously, we have over 22 thousand bans, quite a few 3 years or older and pages worth of imports. I see absolutely no reason not to just let bygones be bygones. At this point in the game I think we should just drop the perm bans entirely and hand them out on a case by case basis. We have already proven countless times that "permanent" is not permanent in SG and this entire process of appeals and keeping track is a waste of time. The whole "if they want to come back, they can appeal" or "well they were perma banned and we don't want those kinda players on our servers anyways" shtick is getting pretty ridiculous along with these eternal personal grudges for a handful of people. Absolutely no offense intended to those that have them but come on, what is the worse they can do? What are people afraid of or so angry will happen?

Does anyone really take these bullshit theories into account about evil little leprechauns sitting in the CSS shadows just waiting for the permanent bans to drop so they can immediately infest the servers? That they might pop out of nowhere raise their middle finger and call you an asshole?

The point was made and it's the only point that I think is actually significant. We can ban you if you get out of hand. We have always had that ability and we will always have it. It's a process that takes a whole 5 seconds at most.

The very worst that can happen is some token player coming into the server once every few months and getting banned for the same lame insignificant shit we already ban for and no one even knowing who the hell he/she was. The only reason why we even know who any one of these no named completely random people are is because we constantly remind ourselves of their existence when in fact, we have absolutely no reason to and shouldn't. It's not like they raped you in the alley behind the corner deli and are up for a parole hearing.

Every time i come back from an extended leave it seems like the same thing is happening or being talked about. This person wants an appeal but won't get it, this person that did this literally years ago, still blah blah blah QQ angry blurrgla.

It's fucking exhausting just taking a second long glance at these threads. I can't imagine what it's like for people to actively involve themselves in these things for days, months, and years with no end.

Let's just unban them and maybe get some more players in the servers, more word of mouth, and maybe some more donations. It's not like anything show stopping will actually happen.

Two words. Or more like one really. Starbucks.

I stopped giving a shit about him when I actually had issues. Now? Fuck man, the only reason why he is still a problem is because you guys just won't let the shit go. It's the same with pretty much all of them. You know who Starbucks & Soulkeeper are to me and 99.999999999999% of SG and the rest of the players that visits the servers are? Absolutely a complete unknown or a name, not even his real name mind you, but an online handle, of some faceless nobody that lives hundreds, thousands, possibly countries away.

EDIT: And who are they to the members that actually knew them? Some guy we banned and can still ban any time we please.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  145

Absolutely a complete unknown or a name, not even his real name mind you, but an online handle, of some faceless nobody that lives hundreds, thousands, possibly countries away.

They might be unknown to you but they could be known for others that are more active to that specific server.

They might be unknown to you but they could be known for others that are more active to that specific server.

And what? You can't just play the game and not spend every waking moment being angry at a person? That's beyond childish if anyone has that issue. If they get out of hand you ban them again, but I am pretty sure that if they play our servers, they aren't going to want to play or associate with anyone that dislikes them. They will do what old members coming back always do...just sit in a vent channel or privately message those they actually care about.

If they end up starting shit due to friction between old players, it's pretty much due to what it always has been. People not dropping it and letting things get out of hand.

• Content Count:  1563

I actually support this thread. I dont think players who join the servers of SG (& who have a perm from over a year ago) would still remember they were banned on here, and they would rather join by accident.

I actually support this thread. I dont think players who join the servers of SG (& who have a perm from over a year ago) would still remember they were banned on here, and they would rather join by accident.

If our appeals indicate anything, the vast majority are exactly like that Mapper. I love SG but I have absolutely no delusions about it being a mind blowing core deep experience that players that were banned after 3 days of playing have been pining for years on end just to get another taste of this addicting sweet nectar.

They are just like anyone else. They try to find a server that has some population, maybe late at night when their regular is empty, and try to get an hour or two of game play in. If they can't get in, they don't spend hours sitting by with their thumb up their ass hoping to play in a server they don't even remember when a second or third option might be available. They just move on.

I rather have that person fill a slot in our servers, get the chance to stick around, maybe favorite it as a note, than just up and say fuck it, move to something else and forget about the entire thing all over again.

• Content Count:  4263

To get yourself permed off our servers, you really have to be dumb, disruptive, a troll, hacker or racist. I am quite happy to be able to play without as many of the above as possible.

I don't see why letting players who did enough to get permed once will make our servers more enjoyable to play in. The majority of the 22thousand you stated won't even play css anymore, making it an exercise in uselessness.

As to most names being unknown now, that sounds like perming has worked. Occasionally we do have players appealling perms they received a while ago, and some are U banned (case by case basis) as long as they avoid any future bans.

To get yourself permed off our servers, you really have to be dumb, disruptive, a troll, hacker or racist. I am quite happy to be able to play without as many of the above as possible.

I don't see why letting players who did enough to get permed once will make our servers more enjoyable to play in. The majority of the 22thousand you stated won't even play css anymore, making it an exercise in uselessness.

As to most names being unknown now, that sounds like perming has worked. Occasionally we do have players appealling perms they received a while ago, and some are U banned (case by case basis) as long as they avoid any future bans.

Don't tell me that just about every single one of us can name off handfuls of players that have been perma banned, have come back from being banned for something never to do it again, changed their colors, or have just let time get them through.

Don't throw that around when we have admins that were those exact positions. Having any number of players continue to fill our servers is a good thing, not a bad. More players will always make them more enjoyable. I'm not sure how that isn't a good enough reason.

The appeals is a joke man. It doesn't give us some magical insight into a personal soul, mind or thoughts. We let just about everyone in these days. Why not just make it official?

The whole unknown thing...idk what your point was suppose to be there. Any server is filled with the unknown. That's the majority and always has been. We aren't a clan but a community remember. If you knowns is what this is suppose to be about, some things should have been changed a long time ago.

But hey I'm just tossing it out there for others to mull over.

I just don't think it's necessary is all. It's not like these guys fucked your girl while you were out on a business trip or something. On that huge "Things to care about" list, I really believe this shouldn't be on it.

I know it's a small number, but it seems like even that is wanted. Why not? I can't see anything actually happening that would negatively effect SG any real way.

Reply to Thread