? servers

? players online

Internet to run out of addresses 'within 3 years'

• Content Count:  670

Yeah and even if we do somehow run out (which won't happen, there's more IPv4 addresses than computers to use them at any given time, unless 80% of the world suddenly decides to get a computer and all log on at the same time with no routers involved), we'll just switch over to IPv6.

• Content Count:  6242

Lol I can't believe this. How can this be true. Why are so many addresses made and not used still taking up space for and here I thought internet is endless and now this popped up. Hope the problem never pops up.

http://technology.newscientist.com/article/mg19826576.700-internet-to-run-out-of-addresses-within-3-years.html

There are people out there that somehow make a living buying up all the address names they can think of and turning them around and selling them to some boob that wasn't fast enough to get it before them causing them to spend up to 200% more than they would have for the name.

Yeah and even if we do somehow run out (which won't happen, there's more IPv4 addresses than computers to use them at any given time, unless 80% of the world suddenly decides to get a computer and all log on at the same time with no routers involved), we'll just switch over to IPv6.

Internet is like the universe always expanding. Hopefully we don't have a big crunch haha!

• Content Count:  769

Mmmmmm...crunchy dark matter... :wink:

lol that could be the sound of what would happen if everyone had a computer and logged on at the same time thus crashing many servers around the world and cause panic. In the future with the already overpopulated earth. the beginning of the end i guess.

• Content Count:  6242

lol that could be the sound of what would happen if everyone had a computer and logged on at the same time thus crashing many servers around the world and cause panic. In the future with the already overpopulated earth. the beginning of the end i guess.

Maybe that will be how the world ends...world wide internet crash, causing instability in the matrix, causing the earth to spontaneously explode, the sun to suddenly implode and form a black hole so large it tears spacetime apart sending chronatons all over the universe, reverseing time backwards at incredible speeds to end up a small dot.

Then the nerd at the desk using the computer called "Universe" who watched this whole thing go on says, "Crap I got to start all over with 1 simolean and 1 HP and an acre of land. Took me 2 days to get that far!":scared:

• Content Count:  607

You do know they delete old ones, don't you?

They won't run out. They said the same thing about license plates.

if they do ru out of licenseplates then they'll just do ones like

x18v54 and all tht crap

they havnt reached the end of the alphabet

Reply to Thread