? servers

? players online

CS:GO Server

• Content Count:  2947

Now before most of you guys that are going to post that the server wont work it never does don't(We dont need the same old crap we get when people suggest stuff saying it wont work). Moving on, first off in order for the server to work we need a dedicated AO to maintain the server to add maps and fix the issues etc. I can think of at least 3 atm or more that would be willing to do it. Im not exactly sure what game type we should get but Im sure most of you would love a Zombie Mod, MG, PB or even reg server. Basically what Im saying is that we should start to move to other games and try to populate them in order to get new player base and to keep the donations going. They may be going great now but you never know when the donations will stop. Anyway post some suggestions if we get a CS:GO server and any AO+ that would volunteer to maintain a new server if accepted.

Thanks for reading :)

R7713rD.png

I SS'd that 5 minutes ago after making the thread.

• Content Count:  939

I quite agree with you that we should move on. I have also heard that the gamemods have improved and work better but the only minus might be that there is no bhopping. So if we manage to add a server like ZE, Reg, Scrim (where bhopping isn't usually common) We could get starting with that until valve manages to fix their shit and get bhop on.

(someone will have to buy it for me though)

• Content Count:  954

"hurr durr it's nawt gona werk hurr durr"

Let me put this into perspective

As of the moment, the 2 servers that reliably have more than half of their playercap filled for most of the day are PB and MG.

ZE generally has ~20 for most of the day, however it will have more since it's summer and people can play more now.

DR is empty for most of the day, until about 6:00 when it gets about 8+

Now, suggesting that about 1/3 of the players that regularly visit our servers, don't visit the forums regularly, they won't know that we have a CS:GO server.

Also, quite a few of the people who regularly visit our servers don't have CS:GO, so that cuts out another chunk of the population.

And don't forget that quite a few of the people who DO have CS:GO, would not want to play that over our current CS:S servers.

Lastly, CS:GO is primarily a reg game, not as many people want to play custom gamemodes on GO as much as they do on Source.

In short: No, it's not going to work. It will be populated for maybe a week, MAYBE. But that's it.

We could get starting with that until valve manages to fix their shit and get bhop on

Valve didn't develop CS:GO, Hidden Path did. And if the Orange Box update tells you anything, they don't "like" custom gamemodes.

• Like 1
Guest harro

Honestly I feel like nothing new can ever take off around here is because everyone has the perspective that 'it's going to be popular for a few weeks and then die'. I for one would like a reg server because I do play CS:GO quite a lot and I know several other people that also do. The only problem would be pulling them off of their current servers since we've waiting so long to start one up (even though we had another a while back).

Also I'm not trying to be a blaming asshole or anything and I'm not saying I could do better, but for a lot of the new servers (not all) created, the admins running them will be super excited for like the first half month or so, put tons of effort into setting the server up, and then completely drop the server/go missing for a while and not touch the server again after that, it's pretty ridiculous. Yeah you guys have lives and stuff but when it comes down to it, setting up a new server and keeping it populated requires constant attention for quite a while, if not, indefinitely. (like how Deathrun is ran).

Also in terms of reg mode/scrim, the reason no one probably ever wants to play the normal game mode on our servers is because the admins/regs treat new players (randies) like shit. nough said.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread