? servers

? players online

out of curiousity...

• Content Count:  11501

are there any specific css servers you guys would like to see in the future? I was thinking maaaaybe VIP escape (got removed in like sept 2010), but i can't remember if the mod is still broken or not.

what do you guys think? btw this thread is not saying anything for sure will happen ~ but if i see enough support for something who knows.

no more surf...it fails after a month.

• Content Count:  3728

VIP Escape was indeed removed somewhere back in 2010, I remember we tried it again somewhere in/close to 2012 and it failed horribly due to the lack of population, the reason mainly being that we already have one Zombie Escape server, and all it would do is split our ZE player base between VIP and the regular one (unless you manage to pull all kind of randoms to the server, which I don't think will happen) and to be really honest.. the last thing we need for ZE is that the player base starts splitting between servers.

That aside, we still have two servers that are empty most of the times. That being Surf:DM and 24/7 Dust2. Perhaps those need to be looked into first, before even trying to expand ourselves on more CSS servers. (Unless you of course were planning to change one of those into a new one). Sure they might fill up in Summer, but that still doesn't give both of these servers a steady population because they'll just empty out again once the Summer is over.

And now as for the actual post, I wouldn't know of any 'new' mod that would attract a lot of players for a longer period of time other than one month. A new Garry's Mod server is more something I'm thinking of.

Edited by Paralyzed

• Content Count:  1719

Well there is always gungame. I put an unhealthy amount of time into the last two christmas gungame servers.

GG usually dies out after christmas. And it will continue to do so, having a permanent GG server will not work out. AFAIK, I think we even tried that once, and it did indeed die out rather quickly a few weeks after Christmas was over.

• Content Count:  2167

GG usually dies out after christmas. And it will continue to do so, having a permanent GG server will not work out. AFAIK, I think we even tried that once, and it did indeed die out rather quickly a few weeks after Christmas was over.

As I was on that server more than anyone else I can say that the server had not really died out by the time it was shut down. If you ask the other people who played it they will tell you that it was almost always populated late at night. (might be partially because I spammed people to join the server)

• Content Count:  3401

I wouldn't mind seeing a napalm or gun game EVENT server sometime again, they are always fun and bring in people from all servers :d

I agree with Paralyzed on the VIP escape subject, as the server isn't populated enough as it is right now.

What we need is a RATS map server :d

Reply to Thread