? servers

? players online

Could this be a worthwhile mod?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Could this be a worthwhile mod?

• Yes
    • No (Explain why or your vote may not be counted)

Expand our GMod player base.

• Content Count:  3791

With a new server

Our GMOD Servers are very popular. TTT is ranked very high, and this Saturday Movie nights in the Cinema server are a great laugh. I think it is time to look at another avenue, a server that is very fun to play, highly addictive to keep the player base and also very lucrative with players always looking for a new server. What gamemode you say? Well.

BaseWars

BaseWars is a popular RP gaming mode where you get roughly five minutes to build a base. You can add weapons like turrets, props which are found in the "Q" menu (Can be edited to just specific props, which would be best.). Each props and/or weapons have health depending on their mass (Higher the mass, the greater the health). Each time you destroy the enemies teams prop, you gain half the cost price to your own balance (Once again, all these settings can be changed quite easily in the config files) however, the big cash rake ins are if you win the round.

I've played a few fortress type gamemodes, but all of them suffered from over complex menus, and just general complexity. BaseWars is actively updated and has worked around these issues very well.

With enough support, active mapping competitions and that general SG Spark we all have, I can see this server being ranked as one of the top with a very active playerbase. I for one will be very happy making some nice, unique maps for this server.

I'm not 100% sure how the current updates are going, but you can see Lex148 respositry here for the mod:

https://github.com/RGaming/Basewars

Thank you all for reading my suggestion and I hope it gets acted on! And, if it is I can lend a hand wherever needed!

• Like 1

• Content Count:  4798

I believe Psyche is currently looking into ideas for a new gmod server, I would drop him a pm regarding this.

Though it is good to get a player discussion going on this topic of a new gmod server. I encourage you guys to discuss and add new ideas for a new gmod server , it is good to know what the community wants.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  269

Why not ZS?

It's a popular gamemode, I always enjoyed it whenever I played.

Though here's a few suggestions:

Make the system used for guns and stuff based on damage to minimize the bitching about kill steals.

Supporters and up can choose what melee weapon and pistol they start with.

Try to include store

Try to get Logical Radio on there, or some music source.

For those who don't know anything about Zombie Survival, it's like ZE, except you sit still and fortify yourself, versus running the fuck away.

• Content Count:  954

Why not ZS?

It's a popular gamemode, I always enjoyed it whenever I played.

Though here's a few suggestions:

Make the system used for guns and stuff based on damage to minimize the bitching about kill steals.

Supporters and up can choose what melee weapon and pistol they start with.

Try to include store

Try to get Logical Radio on there, or some music source.

For those who don't know anything about Zombie Survival, it's like ZE, except you sit still and fortify yourself, versus running the fuck away.

so its napalm / ZM .... :p?

exactly

and considering our CS:S napalm server lasted about a week during halloween before crashing and burning, i wouldn't expect ZS to last much longer.

and besides, every time I played ZS on Gmod, it was always so extremely boring, just a matter of finding a place to sit and get someone to build barricades, and you automatically win.

(p.s: morbus or bust)

Reply to Thread