? servers

? players online

Radio / Talk Show

• Content Count:  954

we had a radio plugin on our server before (wasn't run by us because SG is full of people who have no idea how to run a radio station ofc) and it advertised us occasionally because they were awesome.

they were called epic radio.

RIP epic

but seriously, this wouldn't work at all, because SG has no fucking clue how to run a radio station. the only person in SG with any form of radio experience is Crazy Swede.

• Content Count:  11501

^^

That's a pretty bold statement assuming that nobody else in SG knows anything about it.

Anyways, I spent a great deal of time looking up different forms of radios we can put on the server. I too felt like if SG itself could run a radio on it's own it would be way better, however it requires dedi access and it's a pain in the ass dealing with like the one BD I have on my friends list to try and get it added, as a lot of it requires patience for trial and error. I like the idea but without the access I have absolutely no desire, as I learned the hard way after hours were wasted.

• Content Count:  954

^^

That's a pretty bold statement assuming that nobody else in SG knows anything about it.

Main problem being handling money, and dealing with shit like that.

Sure, Spartan can handle the donations, but what about getting rights to songs? And what about getting DJ's? There are only a few on SG with the time or skill to actually DJ, let alone ~7-10

Assuming we do it the legal way as far as song rights go...nobody is going to actually care.

Finding DJ's would without a doubt be the easiest part, it'd be a learning experience for the people who started it; just like epic radio didn't automatically start knowing how to DJ immediately. Having a radio dedicated straight up to SG is such a cool concept and it's totally doable, it just takes the right people to support it.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3073

Take it from someone whos friend ran an internet radio station. Its a moneysink. There are better ways for sg to spend the money on then risk the entire communitys finances on such a risky venture.

What part of it is a money sink? IIRC the only thing that would even cost money is the music rights, but realistically speaking nobody would care. If anything it would just take time, at least from the amount of research that I put into it.

• Content Count:  2105

Hell if this happens I would love to be a DJ. I got over 400 albums on iTunes all rock and Metal. I would love doing a rock segment for SG. Just dont know much about radioing but it is something you can learn and I would be willing to do it as well. All I do all day is sit here and listen to music.

Reply to Thread