? servers

? players online

Skyrim Q & A

• Content Count:  716

So yea like anyone playing Skyrim you've probably got a lot of questions. Or your looking to find something in particular.

Post your questions here and I'll try to answer them. Or better yet post your own Q & A and I'll add it to the OP. Also try to keep the answers as non-spoiler as possible.

Question:

Where can I find the Dark Brotherhood?

Answer:

I stumbled upon this by pure accident (well on one of the main quests I did). Go to the "Sleeping Giant Inn" in Riverwood (although any innkeeper should do). Ask the bartender about any rumors that he's heard. Eventually he'll tell you about someone that has been trying to join the Dark Brotherhood. You should get a miscellaneous quest at this time asking you to "Talk To Aventis Aretino." Alternatively you can go to Honorhall Orphanage in Riften and witness Grelod as she treats the orphans like shit; that will also give you the quest.

Question:

How can I level quick and gain items, gold etc at the start of the game quick and fast.

Answer:

When you have to find the Dragon Stone, go to the store and get a quest to find the Dragon Claw.

Both quests are in the same area and you will find loads of items and gold.

I gained 3 levels with the quests and grinding in the dungeon.

Question:

How good are the graphics on the game?

Answer:

Depends on your PC,

PS3 and Xbox360 are pretty good.

Question:

Where can I get mods for Skyrim?

Answer:

As always, the best place to find mods for any Elder Scrolls game are the Nexus websites.

Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim Mods and community

There are others but I find the nexus websites easy to find what you are looking for, and they tend to have the most uploaded mods.

Question:

When I try to talk to Esburn in the Riften Warrens, he is completely quiet and/or will not open the door during the quest line (Main). What do I do?

Answer:

Use the "movetoqt mq202 1" command so that you get into the room. Spam the "E" key on him, if that doesn't work try waiting a few hours "T" then try again. However he may be completely silent which has to be patched.

Question:

I've seen some videos and/or heard from friends that you can become a werewolf. How can I go about doing this?

Answer:

There are a number of methods of joining the ranks of the Companions (The Skyrim equivalent of the "Fighter's Guild"):

- You may occasionally find members of the Companions battling Giants. Prove your combat prowess and worth by helping them slay their foes, and they will direct you to Kodlak Whitemane in Jorrvaskr.

- You may also apply at their main guild hall.

You will then need to complete a few of their quests before the option is presented to you.

Question:

Where can I find the Thieve's Guild?

Answer:

Head to Riften, upon entering the city you will be bombarded by numerous quests regarding the Thieve's Guild and how to join.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/Duruza/Skyrim-map.png

Skyrim-map.png

The most South Eastern Province displayed on the map is where you will find Riften.

More to come...

• Content Count:  11723

Question:

How can I level quick and gain items, gold etc at the start of the game quick and fast.

Answer:

When you have to find the Dragon Stone, go to the store and get a quest to find the Dragon Claw.

Both quests are in the same area and you will find loads of items and gold.

I gained 3 levels with the quests and grinding in the dungeon.

• Content Count:  716

Someone always releases an HD texture pack later on. But it already looks pretty phenominal on Ultra settings. The weather is especially fantastic.

Also, another way to get the Golden Claw Quest Fullmetal was talking about is just going into the cave where the Dragonstone is (the first entrance, where you find two bandits talking about Arvel the Swift being an idiot for running off ahead). As soon as you listen to those two talk the quest will automatically be added.

• Content Count:  2942

Question: When I try to talk to Esburn in the Riften Warrens, he is completely quiet and/or will not open the door during the quest line (Main). What do I do?

Answer: Use the "movetoqt mq202 1" command so that you get into the room. Spam the "E" key on him, if that doesn't work try waiting a few hours "T" then try again. However he may be completely silent which has to be patched.

• Content Count:  3791

How do I stop lagging out in the open world every 5 minutes for 5 seconds?

What are your computer specs? Prob need to turn your graphics down. Try turning anti aliasing down

• Content Count:  930

What are your computer specs? Prob need to turn your graphics down. Try turning anti aliasing down

It's a game issue whenever the world is rendering in the distance... My graphics are fine.

Reply to Thread