? servers

? players online

What is a good laptop for college?

• Content Count:  1554

I'm going to be graduating this year from High School (a year overdue) and plan to attend 2 years in college. Before heading off, I would like some recommendations for a laptop that I can buy so I won't be completely unprepared for college.

My budget is around $400-$1,000. I enjoy Sony, HP, Toshiba, and Gateway but I don't mind looking at other laptops too (Dell, Acer, Asus, etc.)

Basically, I need a laptop that will last me for a long time and effective at helping me speed through college.

If you guys have any recommendations, please do so.

Thanks

- mNote

If it can run TF2 without lagging, then that'd be the laptop I'd get.

I plan to use it mainly for studying on google and doing homework. Playing PC games on my spare time is also a must-have.

• Content Count:  1230

If you want something to game on your going to need a laptop with a dedicated graphics card. Most start around $900 and a good one will break your $1000 budget. Fortunately for you Dell has the Dell XPS m1530 on sale.

- XPS M1530 (PRODUCT) RED

- Add the 8600M GT as your video card

- Use coupon code 7J7G9TP6Z52FS3 at check out

- Final price is $999.20

The other colors will currently cost you more and they come with Vista Premium instead of Ultimate. I don't know how long the (PRODUCT) RED will be at that price, but the coupon is good until Wednesday.

ibuypower.com is where I got my laptop and I use it for all my gaming needs and homework. I had no problem with it and the laptop I got is great. Can run Crysis pretty well too.

What laptop did you get? I remember you mentioning in vent couple months ago but I didn't really pay attention.

Reply to Thread