? servers

? players online

BF3 64-slot servers. Nope.

• Content Count:  2167

1z1fhg.png

Battlefield 3 64 Player Server Rental Priced At Over $1000 - Hooked Gamers

Mind you this is the price for some weird ass hosting company and that more "reputable" (lol) game providers may be slightly cheaper, but it's no doubt that all server providers will definitely keep it above 1.50/slot IMO.

It's definitely going to be atleast $100/mo. Starting to believe a BF3 server wouldn't be worth it :/

edit: i should mention it's not so much as the EA/game server having crazy prices, but it's been the standard to have inane prices. this is why people like SG use dedi servers, they are just a helluva lot cheaper than that.

ea is setting a shit standard as are activision. shit like this in all actuality, is going to kill pc gaming.

• Content Count:  445

That doesn't really sound all that bad imo. I can imagine how much power it takes to run a server for a game as demanding as BF3 with 64 players. Considering the cost to run a server is usually split between clans/communities, I think it's not a bad deal.

Edited by Tamahome

• Content Count:  11723

host it for a month and if it isn't full 14 hours out of the day, no more bf3 servers.

have fun seeding fullmetal.

Pff I'll be seeding a lot.

Also advertisement on the gmod/css servers would help.

but hey, if we cant get one or we do and its not supported ill just move in with TG and TNS wink wink

An early 64 slot server for BF3 is a good idea IMO, because hosting servers for new games are a good way to get new people introduced to SG, because there's going to be a lot of ppl that don't have a regular server to go to, and if they happen to come across ours, they'll probably stay for a while.

Reply to Thread