? servers

? players online

Turn SG SCRIM into a SG PUG server

• Content Count:  1371

what the title says. SG scrim is never used, it's always dead and i'm sure it costs money to run. it also has a password for no apparent reason, and according to caution SGSL ended 2 years ago.

So what i want to propose is to turn SG SCRIM into a PUG [pick up game] server similar to an ESEA server. What this means is basically it requires 10 players to start, a friendly 5v5 on league maps only. It would be for anyone to use, good or bad, just for fun and for practice.

Things it would require:

1. SxE injected - it's basically a addon you run while playing CS that disables any cheats from being used. it's usually not possible to bypass SxE, and it's 100% safe.

2. CAL.cfg - basically a small CFG file that enables the game to start with CAL league settings and has the ten second count down and the *MATCH IS NOW LIVE* stuff.

3. ACS anti-cheat client

i don't see why NOT to make it public. it just sits around all day, empty

Edited by alb

Invite people to play

it's not just for me personally. why would SG want a server that's completely dead all the time. it just wastes $$

• Content Count:  4263

10 slot server, hosted on our dedi, costs nothing. Because its hosted on our dedi, I wouldn't try and use it as a proper scrim server, as it sucks for reg.

its used quite often, its a scrim server so obviously isn't 24/7 full.

It already has scrim configs on there, run via admin.

Its a pug server, the password is only there so SG people can use and access it.

10 slot server, hosted on our dedi, costs nothing. Because its hosted on our dedi, I wouldn't try and use it as a proper scrim server, as it sucks for reg.

its used quite often, its a scrim server so obviously isn't 24/7 full.

It already has scrim configs on there, run via admin.

Its a pug server, the password is only there so SG people can use and access it.

who cares about the reg? it's not THAT bad. and it's barely used lol. even if it doesn't cost money, its a shame to have it sitting there for no reason. turn it into a public PUG server with the addons i suggested, and a CFG that automatically runs when 10 players are joined, not just by an admin, and i can guarantee it will be more popular [trust me, people would kill to have a scrim server with an anti-cheat client for FREE]

i don't get the rest of your post though.

"its used quite often, its a scrim server so obviously isn't 24/7 full."

"Its a pug server, the password is only there so SG people can use and access it"

Reply to Thread