? servers

? players online

"Kick" Feature for Supporters + Regulars

• Content Count:  219

I'm not entirely sure if this has been discussed in previous threads, or not even discussed at all.

I have just been noticing that many members have been complaining about players in our servers, in this case, Jail Break. Complaints about HLDJ, freekilling, racism, etc. It's not just in this server, but in many servers and there are different types of complaints for each one. Many players, including our own members and supporters have to contact an Admin, AO, BD, etc to do something about it.*

* I am not saying that higher ups are not doing their job.

By the time higher-ups are aware of the concern and go to the server with the complaint, the player who is breaking the rules would leave and escape, either changing their name and/or doing said complaint in other servers. This is a massive nuisance for the higher ups and members alike. We have to file a complaint (which takes a good while dealing with proof and such, or maybe I'm just slow.) or just wait until they decide to come back.

Regardless, it annoys me when non-SG members ask me to do something and I can't, allowing more rule-breakers and annoying players to come and go without any repercussions. This is why I'm suggesting a "kick" feature for members, but with that power comes requirements.

To be granted the "kick" feature is not a gift, but a privilege. It would require a "Supporter" status along with the 2 month membership to be dubbed a "Regular Gamer". This could be called what I've seen as "Admin Apprentice" or so. Perks like an admin, but same rights as any other member that isn't admin or higher. The status of both shows that the member is obviously a regular and knows the rules and regulations with our servers, along with the support and concern for our community by supporting Steamgamers. I have only been here a month, I think exactly to be honest, and I am not saying that gets implemented immediately. There are pros and cons to giving this feature.

Pros:

• Warns off rule-breakers
  • Gives a bit of fighting chance
  • Earned to loyal/mature gamers*
  • Takes (some) pressure off of higher ups

Cons:

• Abuse (obviously)
  • Player can rejoin immediately after kick
  • Takes (some) authority away from admins

Hopefully no trolls would be hiding for months just to be abused.

I would say maybe a 3-5 "kick" feature limit, to prevent kick spammers who want to abuse said given power. And if this is abused, a higher-up would take away his/her right to kick. If this power is abused amongst (hopefully not) all supporter/regular members, then the whole thing is taken away permanently.

I am just suggesting this because as a supporter dealing with this stuff, I feel sort of like a "middle-man" between the members and regs/hg/higher-ups.

Discuss it amongst yourselves and I would like to see Higher-Ups have input along with the other members.

Thank you.

P.S. Sorry for the essay format. It's just something I am suggesting.

• Content Count:  4960

Sorry No, i'm a supporter myself and i'm pretty convinced we should leave this to the selected people who are in line to actually 'lose' something.

And kicking a player won't get rid of him forever..

/thread

Just add the admins to your friends list and just ask them friendly..

• Like 1

• Content Count:  219

I'm pretty sure he means those who are regulars and members. Not one or the other, but both.

Not sure if you guys knew it or not.

Close. This is what I stated.

It would require a "Supporter" status along with the 2 month membership to be dubbed a "Regular Gamer". This could be called what I've seen as "Admin Apprentice" or so...

The status of both shows that the member is obviously a regular and knows the rules and regulations with our servers, along with the support and concern for our community by supporting Steamgamers.

• Content Count:  4123

Back when we had the admin recruits they were allowed to kick, the players figured out pretty fast that they can't ban and kicking became useless because they kept rejoining and raging, admin had to come in and handle it anyways.

• Content Count:  2075

Not to be rude but we have nearly 150 admins, I understand that we all live in different timezones etc. However with that many admins just add a few and most of us are online at one time or another. I understand recording a demo is tedious and not exactly exciting but it gets the job done if none of us can be reached!

It was an interesting idea none the less thought Loaf. =]

Reply to Thread