? servers

? players online

Never Tell Your Password To Anyone!

• Content Count:  198

My fellow zombie murderers, last night someone on my friends list that plays on this server got their account stolen. That same person tried to take my account. Since this person plays on this server, it is likely that they, or someone they know is on your friends list and has access to message you. The person that IMed me was named "Bot - Source Admistrator" (I know, he spelled it wrong). Here is a screenshot of a chat I had with the scammer last night:

steamscam.gif

Please be aware of the top line of every chat, Never tell your password to anyone.

Might be a good idea for everyone, or at least admins to change their passwords to something more secure. Probably not needed, but always good to keep it fresh.

-Atarian

VP

• Content Count:  2445

Lol, same guy tried doing it to me. He's using ----'s hacked account :(

Edited out the name because I figured by the wording of your post you don't want to reveal who it is, sorry about that.

• Content Count:  70

lol thats really funny

He thought he could convince u if his name was spelled correctly. Almost as dumb as me, but i just type too fast and sloppy.

"...my 4 digit steam id...bite/me" lol rofl thats great.

Oh, and your on vista, too, eh? That or u got some nice skins

lol appearence of vista is nice, but its just a shitty made carbon copy of mac osX ; )

• Content Count:  36

man what kind of loser would want to do this shit....like come on theres ATLEAST "ONE" thing better in life to do :cool: it is hilarious how he spelt administrator wrong.... what a doorknob

• Content Count:  198

I was on vista but went back to xp for compatibility reasons. I'll wait for vista to mature. That is a vista skin for steam :)

my steam id is 1941 ;)

• Content Count:  5086

Another thing, don't download maps or anything from sites unless you know it's trusted. IE: FPSbanana would be the best one IMHO. The person believes they got keylogged.

And they PM'd me with the samething that night. I kept IM'ing them hoping to get a response, but alas I didn't get one. Also lol, you're the one who pointed out the misspelling! I didn't even realise until he changed his name.

Reply to Thread