? servers

? players online

digital camera help

• Content Count:  228

so, i am finally getting a new digital camera (thank you random person buying a painting)

now my dilemma... which to get.

im looking for peoples opinions on a few different cameras.

the one im looking at, and most interested in personal opinions in, is the Canon PowerShot S5 IS

but a few others im considering...

Canon PowerShot SD1000 Digital ELPH

Olympus FE-350 8MP 4X Zoom

Nikon COOLPIX S600

looking for a camera with a faster shutter speed, good battery life,and something sturdy that wont break if sneeze on it.

anyone have any experience with these, let me know what you think.

• Content Count:  1230

Your comparing pocket point and shoots to a standard bodied S5. The digital sensors don't come close to comparing.

Dpreview is the best place to go for camera reviews.

Amazon also has customer provided images if you want to see samples.

I don't know about the last two, but stay away from the SD1000. My much older SD600 can outperform it. The SD1100IS is a better choice. What's your budget?

200-300

the s5is is in there because my friend is buying a new camera and is selling hers for 240, a great deal i dont think im going to pass up...

im not sure exactly what im looking for, i just know that i've heard good things about most of those. i've read the reviews, right now it's more of 'amanda being indecisive'

• Content Count:  1230

200-300

the s5is is in there because my friend is buying a new camera and is selling hers for 240, a great deal i dont think im going to pass up...

im not sure exactly what im looking for, i just know that i've heard good things about most of those. i've read the reviews, right now it's more of 'amanda being indecisive'

What condition is it in and does it come with accessories? PowerShot's resale value isn't that great. Those camera's were $500 a year ago and Dell had them on sale for $280 shipped a few weeks ago. Most places have it in the $300 range. I would push for $220, but thats just me.

• Content Count:  1755

This reminds me, I wanna git a uhhh......those things that record stuff....video recorder or camcorders? I don't know what you call them but Ima looking for one lol So which is a good one? I am obivously not gonna spend a fortune on a professional grade one. But one that is durable, lightweight, good quality and can record alot.

What condition is it in and does it come with accessories? PowerShot's resale value isn't that great. Those camera's were $500 a year ago and Dell had them on sale for $280 shipped a few weeks ago. Most places have it in the $300 range. I would push for $220, but thats just me.

it's not even 4 months old,and the only defect i saw on it was a cosmetic scratch on the lens cover.

she's giving me a 4g sd card, a case and a slushie.

i dont think she'll go much lower on price cuz she needs that money to buy a d5 body...

Reply to Thread