? servers

? players online

My 2 cents on improving escape

• Content Count:  1371

I've been on escape and napalm on and off since early 2008. I've seen it at its peak and i've seen it at its decline. I'm going to make a few suggestions as i've been playing css for about 6-7 years now, and i've seen alot..

TEAMWORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

1. Zombie escape lost its escape "feel." Teamwork RARELY happens anymore. Vehicles are never held, etc. Its like every man for themselves. Add more maps where teamwork is a must. Mix it up a little. Make half of the playlist barricade, and half of it escape. In barricade, if you do not have teamwork, you will simply not survive.

Pros: more satisfied players, more fun in general

Cons: ???

2. AMBIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Add a music playlist on the server. I remember in the IBIS I.S.S servers every so often music would play. Not music with lyrics, but like techno music to get you pumped, but not upbeat techno of course. Also, i remember at the final 2 minutes of a round the resident evil theme would play. It was perfect for the scene, seeing as how the resident evil theme is eerie and it ties in with the whole "zombies" aspect. It would be cool to have some type of rock/techno play every so often (not the whole round), especially during those moments when your outnumbered and being chased down by zombies.

Pros: Adds to the feel and atmosphere of the game.

Cons: Some people might not enjoy it

Solution: stopsound in console

3. If it's not broken, don't change it

Bring back older themes/skins/and plugins.

As i remember, nobody complained about zombie skins, or the fact that there was no zombie vision. Some people complained about block because of faggots who deliberately

did it, but said faggots were usually banned. I think the old skins were good, and i used to love block. Why are the ct skins so damn weird? Biosuit? Spetznaz? Umbrella? IMO all of them running around looked retarded, none of them look similar. Not saying there should be no individuality, but cmon, wtf? Also, i'd like to see block added. it adds to the difficulty and strategy of the mod. Zombies should be able to stack on each others heads and reach otherwise unreachable places..

Well thats just my theory on what could improve the server, took a while to write lol - thank you

:thumb:

Edited by alb

• Content Count:  8383

Teamwork isnt something you make happen, it just happens. Most of the time people like to look out for themselves, always has been that way. Though it isnt impossible to get teamwork going on, but it doesnt happen all the time and cant be enforced nor shouldnt be.

I wouldnt mind seeing a radio or something that some servers have but it should be a choice to turn on and not auto on when you join. Since it could clash with map music and whatnot. As far as ure skins suggestion goes, I'd love to see old skins come back for admins and donators though I dont think they found a way to make the whole private skin thing work out since paul had to make them all public because some Don's couldnt get the Don skin.

Edited by Drox

• Content Count:  984

Teamwork isnt something you make happen, it just happens. Most of the time people like to look out for themselves, always has been that way. Though it isnt impossible to get teamwork going on, but it doesnt happen all the time and cant be enforced nor shouldnt be.

I wouldnt mind seeing a radio or something that some servers have but it should be a choice to turn on and not auto on when you join. Since it could clash with map music and whatnot. As far as ure skins suggestion goes, I'd love to see old skins come back for admins and donators though I dont think they found a way to make the whole private skin thing work out since paul had to make them all public because some Don's couldnt get the Don skin.

Actually most of the new maps dictate having no teamwork. Everyone just runs to the next door and waits there until it opens. A lot of the new maps like to teleport the zombies back or hold them in an area while you do something else and it's retarded. In the old days I was constantly shooting the zombies back the entire map.

• Like 3

Actually most of the new maps dictate having no teamwork. Everyone just runs to the next door and waits there until it opens. A lot of the new maps like to teleport the zombies back or hold them in an area while you do something else and it's retarded. In the old days I was constantly shooting the zombies back the entire map.

I agree spiffy. I'd like to see the return of maps where you need a team to hold out an area like jurrasic and mesa, where one guy couldn't win

• Content Count:  4960

All those 'teamwork' encouraging maps are still on the rotation. I would never take them off. It's really up to the players to vote for them but most of them don't or RTV a minute or two in. The only solution is nuking the second generation Escape maps but that would kill population.

A music plugin would be interesting but most people like myself would rather immerse themselves in our own iTunes/Winamp/WMP(God forbid)/whatever playlist. It's fully possible to add a radio plugin but I personally think it's a waste. I'll research into it later and see if there are any Sourcemod compatible plugins.

As for skins: suggestions are always welcome, removal/adding and such. I personally find the Quake and Biosuit the silliest out of all of them and I wouldn't mind removing it and replacing it with something cooler like MW2 skins. I'd have to talk to Paul about adding them though as he did all the work with the skins and I never took the time to learn how to add them myself. Don't be discouraged to spam me with links or request for removal as it is fully possible.

All those 'teamwork' encouraging maps are still on the rotation. I would never take them off. It's really up to the players to vote for them but most of them don't or RTV a minute or two in. The only solution is nuking the second generation Escape maps but that would kill population.

A music plugin would be interesting but most people like myself would rather immerse themselves in our own iTunes/Winamp/WMP(God forbid)/whatever playlist. It's fully possible to add a radio plugin but I personally think it's a waste. I'll research into it later and see if there are any Sourcemod compatible plugins.

As for skins: suggestions are always welcome, removal/adding and such. I personally find the Quake and Biosuit the silliest out of all of them and I wouldn't mind removing it and replacing it with something cooler like MW2 skins. I'd have to talk to Paul about adding them though as he did all the work with the skins and I never took the time to learn how to add them myself. Don't be discouraged to spam me with links or request for removal as it is fully possible.

Thanks for your input Andre. But i think you misunderstood what i meant by music. i didn't mean actual songs playing like a radio, i just meant some kind of action music to play every so often for like 45 seconds to get you going.

And i like your idea for skins, Mw2 may look cool, but don't get the desert camo skins because they wouldn't match on every map, get some kind of urban camo. And you should add an option to toggle skins on/off as some people may have issues.

Here is a skin that i think would look nice, it's from cod: http://www.gamebanana.com/skins/53502

But again i think default skins altogether would be good, so people can use their own skins.

• Content Count:  4960

My 2 cents: fuck the new maps, bring back the old maps from '09

Cool of you bro!

Just see what will happen. Escape died before, so improvements will be better. The problem with teamwork is that the maps that we play aren't based on teamplay. The Atix chopper map just needed teamwork or the round would have ended sooo fast. The big concern with people these days is that maps have to look cool and they don't care about the gameplay.

Simple short maps with overpowering zombies, that's the old school style ;)

• Like 2

• Content Count:  4263

Thanks for your input Andre. But i think you misunderstood what i meant by music. i didn't mean actual songs playing like a radio, i just meant some kind of action music to play every so often for like 45 seconds to get you going.

I'm guessing you are referring to the sound clips on minigames, that Paul has set up for when he and sexy fish join the server?

Reply to Thread